AutoDesSys

Convert reference object to geometry?

Imagix

Is there a way that I can convert placed .mxs files (lot's of furniture) into geometry? I need that in order to pass over my scene to someone else.

I tried packaging and opening the complete scene .mxs in C4D, in order to export from there, but C4D doesn't import the reference objects.

I tried opening my scene in Studio in order to export from there, but it doesn't seem work in any way either.

Thanks

Anders 

Hi Anders,

Sorry, I'm a bit confused about what you are looking for. The scene created by the formZ plugin opens and renders in Studio, correct?

(I don't work on the C4D plugin, so I'm not sure what it's capabilities are.)

I have to transfer my formZ scene (with mxs reference objects) to a 3DS Max user.

For that I do an FBX export, but mxs reference objects are obviously not included in the FBX file.

It would be convenient to be able to pick an .mxs reference and convert it to geometry within formZ. This would make easy to include references in exports or maybe do quick adjustments to a single mxs reference in the scene (obviously it wouldn't be a reference anymore).

(As a workaround I tried to open the scene mxs in C4D and Studio in order to export from there, but neither worked)

I could just replace my mxs references by geometry, but with hundreds of placements, correct rotation, scale etc. that would be a not so fun task.

Hi Anders,

Sorry, I missed your response earlier.

It is not possible to create formZ geometry out of a referenced MXS. However, If the C4D user creates a MXS, you should be able to use that MXS as a Referenced MXS in formZ. I do not know whether this would work the other way around.

Some studios model different parts of a scene with different 3D applications, export MXS from each application, and combine the scenes in Maxwell Studio, and render from there. This is reported to work very well.

Archived