AutoDesSys

Transparent Ghosting

Spacer

Hi,

I am using the "Isolate objects" and "Reveal objects" a lot on a very dense model.

When a lot of objects are ghosted, they still 'hide' or at least obscure  the visible objects making editing tiresome.

I suggest that in the Appearance options of the Project Settings, that ghosting be given a 'transparent' slider, which would fix this problem.

Best-

Peter

That’s a good suggestion. In the meantime you can turn off visibility of ghosted objects in the Display Options Pallette. There is a separate option for this for each type of display, for wireframe, for shaded work, and for shaded full. I set a key shortcut for the Display Options Palette to make this process a little faster. You can also change the color of the ghosted object lines in the Colors Preferences but they will still be opaque.

Thanks Setz, yes I try to adjust the color of ghosting but the opacity is the real issue.

I can turn off ghosting, but then I  forget what is what in my file...for example if I 'isolate objects', and work a long time, I sorta forget to 'reveal 'afterwards. in the past this has even led to problems in the file getting corrupted, if I remember correctly, so now I am vigilant about Revealing to continue.

Best-

Peter

Archived