AutoDesSys

refresh linked files

snow

I would like to see a button to refresh linked files in formZ projects.

Often I am making on-the-fly changes to image/texture files.  If my formZ file is open and I want to see these changes (like adding or removing a layer to a TIFF file) I have to go into the Material Parameters and re-load the same texture or close and re-open my file.

If would be nice if in the Project Info > Linked Files dialogue there could be a "Refresh" button as opposed to performing the above mentioned processes. 

Hi!

Sometimes Material Parameters seems slow after changes to image files. I don't know what is happening under the hood. Maybe formZ is trying to find files from the different folders from the server.

How people organize their image files? Mine are scattered into many project folders in the server. I have tried to change my strategy saving images within project, but sometimes it's hard if the objects

are copy pasted from different files.

• 3 weeks later...

I think if you use the 'Relink' function in the Project Info > Linked Files, it should do this 'refresh' for you.

I agree that the material manager is not as active as it could be.  It would be AMAZING if we could get an EDIT button next to the image file used in the Material Editor.  The EDIT button should launch Photoshop, or whatever image editor of your choice.  This would greatly speed up the workflow of editing image map files for us!

Archived