AutoDesSys

Vray for Form Z Webinar (14th Nov 2017)

DJAB

Guys,

Anyone tune in to the webinar yesterday? I had to cancel at the last minute. Iv had a quick look on youtube but so far it doesn't look like its been uploaded. Any ideas? I'm keen to see it having just got hold of the beta.

The silence in here is deafening, and really quite concerning. There appears to be next to no buzz or excitement about this at all - which has me a lot less likely to invest, sadly, especially after what happened with Thea.

Mr. Chris Yessios said couple years ago: "there is around a couple of hundred thousand active Form Z users". If that is still valid estimation I wouldn't be sad or fearful. Many of them will buy Vray. Of course it took too many years to launch it but now we have it!

I also had difficulties to join webinar and want to see it on Youtube.

http://www.worldcadaccess.com/blog/2015/03/qa-with-chris-yessios-ceo-of-autodessys.html

Just to be clear, I sincerely hope Z does have that many users, its a great programme and I love it, but if it does have that many users I would expect a lot more support for Vray and a busier forum. Look at Thea, a great engine, discontinued already. I'm really nervous that the same thing will happen to Vray which makes me reluctant to but it. I find it unlikely that everyone will buy Vray, or intend to do so but then not engage in discussions on forums or post images etc. 

The apparent lack of interest regards to the webinar surprises me, a lot. (And I'm not having a go here, its just an observation). 

Off course, I hope I'm wrong!

• 1 month later...

Sorry all. There was a problem with the webinar recording and we are unable to post this. We have been trying to salvage it, but it looks like a lost cause. We will be hosting a similar webinar with the final product. Look for an announcement on this soon!

V-Ray is already put to work in my projects too. I'm not looking back to renderzone, which served me well for many years though.

What I need is fast, reliable and well integrated renderer for showing constructions and design ideas. No need for hyper realism in daily basis but

it's a good to keep that possibility in your back pocket.

post-104-0-35079600-1514989877_thumb.jpg

Archived