AutoDesSys

Maps in Shaded Work and Full Shaded display wrong

jeffgrune

I had a situation where a mapped texture set to less than 512 pixels in Shaded Work and Shaded Full mode displayed the wrong texture map and was different when rendered in Renderzone.

In some other cases, some mapped textures did not show in Shaded modes at all unless the Texture Map preview resolution was set to 1024 or higher.

I have been chasing something similar for quite some time.  Really can't recreate it on a regular basis but I find that from time to time I get a texture map that won't update.  I change the map in my material parameters and it doesn't update on the model in any display mode.  To correct this I do one of two things.  You can go to File- project info- linked files and find the offending map and re link it.  Or sometimes I can right click on the material and duplicate it in my material palette.  Then I delete the first material and when the program tells me the material is in use I assign the duplicate material to replace it.  Hope some day this gets fixed.

AW

If I had to guess (not being a programmer) I would say that there is an issue with cached graphics memory within the program (if there is such a thing).  For instance: sometimes if I have a model in wireframe view and I go to open a new model- while the model is opening I see an old image on the screen of the last Shaded View or RZ view that I might have done 15 minutes ago.  As soon as the new model opens the screen refreshes properly.   There seems to be a memory leak within the graphics interface that holds onto old rendered data and I wonder if the same thing is happening with texture maps.  Without getting into a really technical discussion I was wondering tech could elaborate on how the program holds data like texture maps while the program is running.  I would love to get this sorted out as it has been going on for some time.

Archived