v-ray beta render

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:13 AM

We are excited to announce that the V-Ray for formZ plugin is available for public beta testing.

• Des, Jaakko, etroxel and 1 other like this

#2 ASONE

ASONE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado, USA

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

In the upcoming months I will have several houses that will require rendering.  Probably one exterior and interior per house.  If anyone is interested in rendering this via the FormZ V-Ray plug-in please contact me.   

FormZ PRO v8.5.  2017 iMac 4.0 GHz quad core i7 24MB RAM and a 2015 Macbook Pro quad core i7 16MB RAM, Modern Architecture in Boulder and Denver Colorado www.ASONEarchitecture.com 

#3 Justin Montoya

Justin Montoya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:53 PM

Hey Paul, I sent you an email about the Vray help, let me know it it didn't come through. 

Thanks,

Justin Montoya

#4 Smarttec

Smarttec

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

Great to see this now open for all current users ( fmZ 8.6 WIP ).

I'm waiting see results from someone with GPU performance feedback that has a GTX1080 Titan X Pascal configuration?

#5 Alan Cooper

Alan Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationBuckinghamshire, UK

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:29 PM

First impressions very good. Very nice slider controls to alter the colour correction, exposure, contrast etc after the render. How do we alter the size of the rendering window please?

FZ8.5 pro with Renderzone on Windows 7 64bit.

Family Plan.

#6 Smarttec

Smarttec

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:05 PM

First impressions very good. Very nice slider controls to alter the colour correction, exposure, contrast etc after the render. How do we alter the size of the rendering window please?

Go to "Vray Settings" select Select the TAB 'Camera' next one down amongst many options is 'Render Output' - select the size you want?

#7 mark3d

mark3d

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

Will the final release work with form z jr and is there any info on the cost form z vray

#8 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:00 AM

Yes the final release will work with formZ jr v8.6 and formZ SE v8.6 (Student Edition) when they are released.

The list price for V-Ray is expected to be 695 USD (the same price as other V-Ray products like V-Ray for SketchUp, V-Ray for Rhino, and V-Ray for Revit).

#9 Alan Cooper

Alan Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationBuckinghamshire, UK

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

Yes the final release will work with formZ jr v8.6 and formZ SE v8.6 (Student Edition) when they are released.

The list price for V-Ray is expected to be 695 USD (the same price as other V-Ray products like V-Ray for SketchUp, V-Ray for Rhino, and V-Ray for Revit).

Thank you, that is useful to know. Is that a perpetual license or annual subscription? What will happen with Lightworks Renderzone? Will that continue to be updated and upgraded as a FormZ plugin or is that going to have support terminated or left to tread water at it's current level? Do you see V-Ray as being a replacement for Renderzone, or for Maxwell or an additional option?  As a subscriber to Family Plan pro with Renderzone, which would normally include periodical updates, I am wondering how the pricing will be determined for members especially as they are offered discounts for new plugins. I can see some benefits to V-Ray, but due to significant cost it might be time to compare it with Maxwell or even consider how great the need is for it.

FZ8.5 pro with Renderzone on Windows 7 64bit.

Family Plan.

#10 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:40 PM

This is the perpetual floating license price (i.e. it is not node locked). There may be a subscription option and there will be options for additional render nodes as well. There likely will be special offer available to family plan subscribers. All of these details will be available at release time next month.

Unfortunately Lightworks has not been making significant improvements to the engine behind RenderZone to keep it competitive going forward. We will continue to support RenderZone in its current form to keep it compatible with future versions of formZ (until some circumstances beyond our control affect our ability to do so). 

#11 kim

kim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:30 PM

After loading Vray into FZ8.6 The Display Tools palette no longer shows the Renderzone button, is intentional?

Thanks

Kim

#12 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

Try resetting your workspace (Workspaces menu)? Does this fix it?

#13 Anwar

Anwar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:13 PM

1) If I close the Vray interactive window, sometimes I can't open it again, I get "cannot connect to license server" and I have to restart formZ.

2) Also, the Vray material editor seem to be missing.

3) And how do we specify an environment for a scene?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: v-ray, beta, render

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users