Photo

form·Z 8.6 Pro WIP Download Available! ;)

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:28 PM

We have had no other reports like this. Are you working on OS X or Windows? Do you have the V-Ray beta installed?

• Dwaynewees likes this

#22 ASONE

ASONE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado, USA

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:04 PM

OSX.  V-Ray beta up and running.

FormZ PRO v8.5.  2017 iMac 4.0 GHz quad core i7 24MB RAM and a 2015 Macbook Pro quad core i7 16MB RAM, Modern Architecture in Boulder and Denver Colorado www.ASONEarchitecture.com 

#23 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:58 PM

We suspect the V-Ray beta. Can you please try to re-download the V-Ray plugin and instal again?

#24 ingoerik

ingoerik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationHamburg, North Germany

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:28 AM

Okay, now that we finally have the clones back .... how do i un-clone ? Lets say i have cloned 20 windows but only one needs to be changed, how do i un-clone this one window so the other 19 windows change too ?

Edited by ingoerik, 15 November 2017 - 07:29 AM.

http://www.ingoerikmoltzen.com • Ingo Erik Moltzen - The Virtual Image Maker - CG artist

#25 ingoerik

ingoerik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:34 AM

Okay, now that we finally have the clones back .... how do i un-clone ? Lets say i have cloned 20 windows but only one needs to be changed, how do i un-clone this one window so the other 19 windows change too ?

After playing a bit with clones i must admit the cloning tool is very intelligent. I can open one window without affecting the other cloned windows, just changing materials or changing elements will affect the clones too.

Edited by ingoerik, 15 November 2017 - 08:36 AM.

http://www.ingoerikmoltzen.com • Ingo Erik Moltzen - The Virtual Image Maker - CG artist

#26 ingoerik

ingoerik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:12 AM

After playing a bit with clones i must admit the cloning tool is very intelligent. I can open one window without affecting the other cloned windows, just changing materials or changing elements will affect the clones too.

Okay, finally found the unclone tool, just had to switch to a standard workspace, mine was not updated with the new tools.

#27 ASONE

ASONE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

Reinstalled V-Ray beta and that seems to have solved the problem so far!  Thanks support!

FormZ PRO v8.5.  2017 iMac 4.0 GHz quad core i7 24MB RAM and a 2015 Macbook Pro quad core i7 16MB RAM, Modern Architecture in Boulder and Denver Colorado www.ASONEarchitecture.com 

#28 ASONE

ASONE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

Well it sort of worked...

8.6 up and running.  V-Ray beta working.  I can now open my files.  

However, I have not palette dock.  I have tried restarting (program and cpu).  Hide/unhide palette.  Nowhere to be found.  Which means I still can't use 8.6 as most of my palettes are in the dock. 

Mac OSX 10.12.6

#29 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:17 PM

Did you try to reset the workspace (Workspaces menu?)

#30 ingoerik

ingoerik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:26 AM

It seems the 8.6 Beta should be called hide and seek. I had a file where my objects got invisible by switching from wireframe to shaded view, no chance to get them back visible, not even reopening FormZ helped (sorry, the file is already deleted).

Another thing was that in the beginning my window was invisible, i had opened a new file but cant see anything; then suddenly i saw a small vertical line next to my layer palette, it was my window and i could finally drag it out to full size.

And the tools manager window sometimes doesn't appear when i open it, and sometimes it suddenly pops up a few seconds after i opened it.

Finally 8.6 doesn't wanted to open my default file, it says it was created with a FormZ version prior to version 5, although it was created with 8.0. 

#31 ASONE

ASONE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

reloaded V-Ray beta as suggested and things are working now.  really great to use V-Ray.  incredible results right out of the box so far!

#32 AHDD Designer

AHDD Designer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:09 AM

Issues with Auto-Save and Undo

In Form.Z 8.6 Beta Build 9985 the Auto-Save function is not working anymore.

The interval is set to 10 minutes. The destination folder is a new set custom folder.

But after there will be no Copies…

From time to time, it suddenly stops the Undo function.

I could be, that the corresponding menu point is greyed out. And then there is no way to return…

Both is very sad… :-(

#33 AHDD Designer

AHDD Designer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:09 AM

Issues with Auto-Save and Undo

In Form.Z 8.6 Beta Build 9985 the Auto-Save function is not working anymore.

The interval is set to 10 minutes. The destination folder is a new set custom folder.

But after there will be no Copies…

From time to time, it suddenly stops the Undo function.

I could be, that the corresponding menu point is greyed out. And then there is no way to return…

Both is very sad… :-(

#34 3dworks

3dworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:20 AM

i can confirm issues with the auto save function and objects disappearing when making them as reference geometry. worst thing happened to me was when mirroring and scaling a group of components. i continued working on the scene. then after quitting FZ and reloading the scene a few of my components where totally out of place and unscaled. had to go back a few versions of my scene and rebuilt the whole thing without components to be on the safe side. i remember this was an issue sometimes with older versions of FZ 8.x. these bugs are hard to fix because they are not reproducible easily. my feeling is still that the whole components system needs a fix.

Edited by 3dworks, 26 November 2017 - 04:21 AM.

3dworks visual computing + photography

#35 Alan Cooper

Alan Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationBuckinghamshire, UK

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:02 PM

Yes, mirror copies of nested groups and components are something I try to avoid as tend to be unreliable in FZ. If you need to do an operation like that while in edit group, I find it best to copy or cut the objects, paste them into a new drawing, perform your operations in the new drawing them copy and paste the result into the original working model.

FZ8.5 pro with Renderzone on Windows 7 64bit.

Family Plan.

#36 chrisjk

chrisjk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

Clones are OK but they need a "Make Unique" option like Sketchups components

#37 vva

vva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationBielefeld, Germany

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:29 PM

hi cris jk

simply use: cmd X and cmd V

vva

#38 chrisjk

chrisjk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:48 AM

hi cris jk

simply use: cmd X and cmd V

vva

Thank you!

#39 chrisjk

chrisjk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:18 AM

I can import Sketchup models made with SU 2016 and earlier but not those made with SU 2018.

#40 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:57 AM

All,

Sorry for the delay, some overdue answers here:

We have fixed the problem with Autosave. We should have a new 8.6 build available later this week that includes this.

Has anyone experienced the problem with undos stopping when NOT using V-Ray? We fixed a problem in V-ray that was related to undos in materials.

You can use the "Unclone" tool to remove a clone from a clone family.

We have updated the Sketchup translator again. This will also be included in the next build.

ingoerik can you send the default file to sopport@formz.com so we can investigate the issue?

• Jaakko and etroxel like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users