AutoDesSys

FormZ 8.5.7 Build 9929 Crashes instantly on startup

ariel

Hi there,

I have downloaded Maxwell plugin 4.1.1 and installed it on formz 8.5.6 and immediately after launching the program it crashes. after several attempts to uninstall and reinstall and so... I have upgraded to 8.5.7 and downloaded new Maxwell plugin 4.1.1 and installed it. I am getting the same issue. FormZ 8.5.7 Build 9929 Crashes instantly on startup after installing the new Maxwell plugin. if I delete the Maxwell folder and bring back the Maxwell 4, it works fine. no matter what I do, if Maxwell 4.1.1 is installed, form z crashes instantly on startup.

please see attached screenshot.

anyone can help ??? I am in need of working and simply can't!!

Thanks alot!

post-13633-0-34580600-1505137054_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Sorry you are having an issue.

1. Close formZ and Manually delete any "Maxwell" folders within your formZ/plugins folder.

2. Uninstall Maxwell Render using the windows uninstaller utility

3. Please download the most recent version v4.1.1.1

4. Reinstall. It's important that the plugin and Maxwell application suite match, to the installer installs both Maxwell and the plugin. During installation, make sure you confirm that you want to install Maxwell Render.

Please let us know if this full re-installation helps. If not, we will need information about your computer and operating system.

Hi , Thanks for the swift reply. do i need to uninstall Maxwell completely from pc? right now i have Maxwell 4 installed.

also is it necessary to download both maxwell for form z and maxwell render node and maxwell studio and install them all? or do i only need to install maxwell for formz 8 ?

Thanks

Hi Pylon,

Ok, I completely uninstalled Maxwell from my pc, downloaded new plugin and installed including the rlm and Maxwell render.

Now, something strange is happening.. form z does start however it all move very slow in a huge delay. basically impossible to work. and after some time.. just crashes...

any idea?

I'm not sure what you mean, but if it's very slow at startup, it may mean that there is an issue with licensing.

Have you made sure to license Maxwell 4 using the License Activator?

Do you have a floating or node-locked license?

Hi,

no no. it loads up just fine in terms of speed. only after form z had started and im suppose to be able to start modeling, the program behaves slow ... like there is a huge (approximately 30 seconds delay) on each command or tool im using. the mouse moves at regular speed. only actions i do inside formz are slow.

also, same exact thing happens on my laptop.

post-13633-0-57926800-1505142477_thumb.jpg

post-13633-0-42203000-1505142486_thumb.jpg

Two more tests, in addition to the windows 7 test above. Please perform each test separately. For each test, you will need to quit and restart formZ.

We are trying to figure out the nature of your issue, since we have never seen anything like it before.

1. Test on Windows 7, if possible.

2. If you completely disable network connections  (unplug ethernet and disable wifi), does formZ run properly?

3. If you full disable all antivirus software, does formZ run properly?

Hi Pylon,

1. i do not have a win 7 machine. all machines i have are Win 10 pro 64 bit, updated with the latest big update. 

2. disabled all network connections. no change. same behavior.

3. disabled and completely uninstalled all antivirus, firewall, defender, express vpn, and everything that could affect. No change. same behavior.

after form z launches and i either open a new project or open an old project, i see nothing on the opened window. i need to move it a little bit inside form z interface in order to view the content of the window. but then nothing works as it should. everything is slowed and delayed and some functions dont work.

the second i delete the maxwell folder from the plugin folder and launch form z, everything works fine!

Okay, thanks for your answers so far.

Try these:

1. Make sure that by some chance you do not have two instances of RLM on your network. Access http://localhost:5054/home.asp in a browser on each machine. This page should only be accessible on a single computer on the network.

2. On RLM, click "Shutdown" to disable the license server and try formZ again. Of course, you won't be able to render, but we'll then have a better understanding if licensing is involved in some way. After the test, to re-enable the server, click "reread/restart servers"

3. With licensing enabled, attempt to make a Maxwell rendering of any sort; it can be a simple cube. Then, open the plugin Log (Select Extensions> Maxwell Render> Log), save, and send the result to us at pylon_support.jpg

Hi Pylon,

Thanks for the answers. ill try to do the following regarding win10 pro 64bit machines now.

Re windows 7, i installed win 7 on one of my machines, and then installed form z 8.5.7 and new maxwell 4.1.1 plugin including render and disabled eset antivirus and it all works perfect !

Ill try to run it with anti virus and report back.

i attach here screenshots from the win 7 machines that works perfect.

thanks

post-13633-0-54988000-1505289435_thumb.png

post-13633-0-18158500-1505289444_thumb.png

post-13633-0-41071800-1505289459_thumb.png

2+3. i ve done and retied. same issue. after i launch form z, either i open a new project or open an existing old project, it opens as a grey content window  (meaning i can not see the content of the window) please look at the attached screenshot.

only after i move the window a little bit the content is displayed, but the program is very slow and in delay for every action.

i can not render anything, because even if i draw a simple cube (and it takes about 5 minutes), when i click on the maxwell green icon on the display properties, it doesnt show the maxwell properties. it shows the former render properties. look at the attched images..

image 1 you see how i see the program when it launches (no contetnt inside the project window)

image 2 you see that the content of the project window becomes visible only after i move or change the size of the project window frame. 

image 3 you see that even if i wanted to render, when i click on the green maxwell icon it doesnt show me the maxwell properties, and the render button is greyed out.

post-13633-0-89241100-1505302454_thumb.png

post-13633-0-57519100-1505302475_thumb.png

post-13633-0-44984000-1505302492_thumb.png

Hi Ariel,

Thanks again for your help with these tests.

Please try this:

1. Quit formZ, remove the Maxwell plugin, and re-launch.

2. Close the Maxwell Fire palette, then save your formZ prefs.

3. Relaunch formZ without the Maxwell plugin. For this test to work, the Fire palette must NOT be active upon formZ launch, so don't proceed to step 4 until you are sure that formZ is launching without it active.

4. Put Maxwell plugin back in place and launch formZ.

Hi Pylon,

I had also the same problem than Ariel.

Since Mx 4 update, FormZ run very slowly or freeze and it was impossible to work with.

Then, I tried this procedure:

I closed the Fire palette and saved the file; then I relaunched the file. Fz run as expected (with no fire palette open).

I then opened the fire palette and it was ok.

I saved the file, closed Fz and opened the file again ( so the fire palette was open at start). Everything was ok.

Does it help you?

Hi Ariel,

Did pkcn's suggestion work?

We've now tested this on several Windows 10 systems and have been unable to reproduce your issue in any way. Can you send us your email so we can be in touch if we have further questions? pylon_support.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I haven't read beyond the first page of discussions, but I'd like to add my pennyworth!

I'm operating an iMac with a 3.4GHz Intel core i7 and 24 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. I'm running macOS High Sierra and just installed maxwell 4.1.1.1. Since installing I have the same problem and have been unable to open formZ 8.5.7.

Hi,

We are running MacOS High Sierra (10.13) with formZ/Maxwell 4.1.1.1 without any issues, both with new installations and with an in-place installation that was updated from Sierra (10.12).

I think you will need to do a full re-installation: 

1. Delete your formZ 8.5 Pro installation and the existing Applications/Maxwell 4 folder.

2. Download a fresh copy for formZ Pro from AutoDesSys, as well as the latest Maxwell 4 installer from the Maxwell portal, and install again.

Please notify us by email if these solutions don't resolve your issue. (In the future, please contact support either though the forum or by email, but not both.)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pylon,

Sorry, I was on a business trip and couldn't be in touch.

I was able to work around the problem by closing the Maxwell fire palette bar and relaunching form z, and now I need to close the fire bar to be able to work smoothly and when I want to test I open it, use it and close it. this is not a good fix, however, it did work on all my windows 10 machines I was experiencing this issue.

as for contacting me, sure. please do. ill send you an e-mail.

Thanks!

Archived