AutoDesSys

I need a fixed undistorted Background image

jambojam

Newbie question so sorry in advance.

I work in Axonometric and Isometric and want a grid I have created as a jpeg to be my background image. I created this grid as a jpeg 1024 x 768. The grid is simple lines running at a 45 x 15 degrees. I need to bring this image in and have it stay exactly as created so the grid maintains the exact 45 x 15 angles.  I am finding it distorts based on the size of the window. How do I get a background image to stay true to it's exact aspect ratio regardless of my workspace window or can I specify the window to be 1024 x 768?

Grid is attached.

Go to Display Menu > Display Options > Select "Use Custom Size" > Turn off Maintain Proportions > Input your image size.

If you don't mind me asking, why would you use a background grid when as soon as you move the camera, the grid no longer lines up with your model? Just curious.

Go to Display Menu > Display Options > Select "Use Custom Size" > Turn off Maintain Proportions > Input your image size.

If you don't mind me asking, why would you use a background grid when as soon as you move the camera, the grid no longer lines up with your model? Just curious.

Hey Des,

Thanks for the response.  The short story is that I work 99% in illustrator and while I have wanted to become a 3D expert for years it as proven to be elusive. I did just get FormZ to pursue that dream and as time permits I will do just that.  But for now I get 3D files from clients and use FormZ to pose them to illustrate in AI. All 2D vector for now. To your question specifically I illustrate in a variety of isometric/axonometric angle combinations and just need to get the models in, set the angle and render to use as reference. Hopefully in the months ahead I will transition more into the 3D world. 

Oh ok, that makes more sense..

Once you spend more time 3d modelling in FormZ you'll find this forum to be invaluable.

Post any questions you have and other users and tech support will help you out.

I used illustrator with FormZ for years, but recently I've moved to Affinity Designer as it's much cheaper with the same quality and a joy to use.

Best of luck,

Des

Archived