Struggling with coming up with a good way to model the bowl and cup in the attached picture. Does anyone have any good ideas to get me started?
Jump to content
Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:59 AM
Thanks Dan, I'll take a look now and let you know how i get on.
Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:25 AM
I think i got there in the end.
Here is a list of the steps based on the ghosted work Dan left:
1. Create the scallop shape by drawing a half profile with the vector line tool. Mirror copy and Nurbs blend the two halves together.
2. Nurbs reconstruct the new shape to have a length & depth of 2, to give the shape a center line. Move the centre out to curve the shape.
3. Create the cup body by revolving a vector line.
4. Rotate copy the scallop shape around the cup body.
5. Two way surface split the scallop shapes with the cup body.
6. Delete the unwanted parts.
7. Stitch the remaining parts and round.
Thanks for all the help Dan, if there's any shortcuts to what i've outlined please let me know!
Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:49 AM
Basically you nailed it.
The only short cut is to use trim&stitch instead of two way surface split. This way in the end everything is already stitched.
Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:17 AM
Dan thanks for your contribution. Nice solution!
Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:01 AM
I had a go using this technique, and the results are ok, the main issue i had was that there is some puckering on the edges and i couldn't get a perfectly smooth bowl shape. See attached picture.
Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:14 AM
Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:17 AM
Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:30 AM
Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:29 AM
Hey it's working now! See attached
I think it was something to do with our IT/Firewall.
We have been having all sorts of weirdness for the past few days.
Edited by FZnoob, 08 September 2017 - 09:31 AM.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users