I have already posted requests for most of these, but why not something to refresh your memory!
Top Ten FormZ 9 requests:
1. Hidden line DWG export from within FormZ (not from Layout) at 1:1 scale and from common 0,0,0 point. I can't express enough how much this would streamline and improve my workflow. I still need to look into if this is possible from Layout, but it would be far better to have it export directly from FormZ.
2. Return of midpoint snap
3. Select by Criteria material selection box improvement - material name list view and larger selection box
4. Operand & Edit menu palette - Status palette showing Edit drop down current choices (Keep/Delete/Ghost, Group lock/unlock, Component lock/unlock, Selection Preview on/off, etc.)
5. Real time light intensity sliders for shaded full
6. Improvement to components - stability & reliability…less buggy
7. Step by step reveal (reversing step by step isolate)
8. Loss of input box upon mouse pan and/or guideline placement - a bug since v7!
9. Shaded Full ambient occlusion on/off option box for individual objects, similar to Override edge display option
10. Fixed numeric amount Reshape option
11. BONUS = Fix clipping plane color and add normal lineweights for cut line - color choice is buggy and doesn't always show the correct color. Instead of 1-5 just have normal line weights for the cut line.
12. EXTRA BONUS = Fix Imager!!! I have posted on how & why it is broken beyond repair for me currently.
For context I am an architect working on single family residential projects. I also dabble a bit in commercial and furniture design. I use Vectorworks for 2D plans, detailed 2D sections and architectural details, and notes/dimensions. 3D model is built in FormZ. I subtract 2D elevations (shaded full renders and hidden line DWG export for CAD lines) and export to Vectorworks for notes/dimensions. I of course also use FormZ extensively for the design process, virtual live client walk throughs (desktop software and iPad app), and rendering. Layout just isn't as robust yet as Vectorworks and the graphic qualities of Vectorworks + the amazing set of floor plan tools keeps me there for 2D work and composing my printed sheets. For anything and everything 3D I use FormZ from start to finish on every project. I do not rebuild a BIM model in Vectorworks. The more I can take advantage of my FormZ model the better.
Thanks for listening!!! Excited to see the new version...