AutoDesSys

Antique metal shaders for Renderzone?

kac

I am trying to make some virtuals for customers to get the go ahead on castings and am wondering if there are any antique metal shaders.  I am casting parts in pewter and antique them where the recesses are dark and tops are polished.

Are there any shaders for Renderzone or do I need to get a 3rd party renderer for that?

Thanks

Sounds like you're looking for a PBR.shader. You can create textures with PBR shaders in 3D Coat and then bring them back into Renderzone to render.

3D Coat creates an Occlusion Map and a Curvature Map and can then modulate it's shaders based on concave or convex areas as well as on top, bottom, lit, unlit, camera facing polygons etc. 3D Coat also has "Metalness" which exports as Gloss and Specular Color. Once these texture maps are made they can be applied to the FZ shaders. You can then render in Renderzone or in one of the FZ plug in Renderers. I believe ADS is considering writing a 3D Coat "App Link" plug-in which would export and import objects and textures to-from 3D Coat and FZ automatically making this process quite quick and effortless.

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. The applink would be perfect.

I didn't know I could use the pbr's in FZ, that would do the trick. Then I can model up a nice scene and bang out the renders much quicker.

Archived