AutoDesSys

coordinate move

krishna

Hi

I am new at formz. I use autocad and other software.  I use formz 6.5. when i came to Formz i feel very uncomfortable with coordinate to move or copy. I need to type 0,100 to move to y-axis. Is there any way i can use only one number to move or copy. or is there any extension or plugins, Thanks in advance.

HI Krishna,

change the coordinate system mode next to the x,y,z values to 3D DELTA,

then use the move tool to pick your object ( or pre-pick it) then use the TAB key to highlight the Y coordinate field and type 100, then press ENTER.

You can also do this with Guide and Grid snaps.

See attached, is this what you are looking for?

post-225-0-88745500-1502823289_thumb.jpg

Krishna, 

Select the Move tool, select the object you wish to move, and then move the cursor in whichever direction you want to move your object you can type in the value that appears in the Input palette.  Does that help?

FZ 6.5

In the Coordinates Palette uncheck A, W, and C and then highlight  the "d" field (click so that it is light blue - as shown below).  This will then enable you to type in a distance to move selected elements similar to the feature available in V8 described above.

Also if you select a single point you can then use the Query Tool to bring up a dialog where you can then enter specific coordinates.

post-176-0-71178700-1502925328_thumb.png

Krishna, 

Select the Move tool, select the object you wish to move, and then move the cursor in whichever direction you want to move your object you can type in the value that appears in the Input palette.  Does that help?

Thanks, but Sorry that doesn't help for me. It is possible in higher version like 8 pro. but not on 6.5.

HI Krishna,

change the coordinate system mode next to the x,y,z values to 3D DELTA,

then use the move tool to pick your object ( or pre-pick it) then use the TAB key to highlight the Y coordinate field and type 100, then press ENTER.

You can also do this with Guide and Grid snaps.

See attached, is this what you are looking for?

Sorry there is no such options on formz  6.5.

Archived