AutoDesSys

3D Connexion

Andre Conlledo

Hello Z! I need help fixing my 3D Connexion mouse.

I just updated the 3D Connexion software to 10.5.0 and now NON of my preferences on the advance settings tab of the 3D Conexxion window are taking effect on the way the mouse behaves in formZ. My work-around this was to get my preference file from my laptop located in the folder C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg and copy/paste to the same folder of my desktop. The mouse works fine now but I can't modify my preferences.

Also I can't access the formZ advance settings tab on the 3D Conexxion properties window unless I have no projects open on formZ which might be why I'm having this issue.

Things I've tried:

System Info:

• formZ 8.5.7 (Build 9929)
  • Windows 10 PRO (10.0.15063 Build 15063)
  • Intel Core i7 -6700K
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti (Driver 384.94)
  • 3DxWare 10.5.0
  • 3DxWinCore 17.5.0.14333
  • Space Mouse Wireless (FW: 4.38)

After using my 3d mouse for over a decade now I got fed up with the latest software for it. It crashes and settings don't seem to stick. I uninstalled all the drivers, cleaned the registry and unplugged the damn thing. 3d Connexion makes fantastic hardware but their software is simply crap. Their support is marginal. If they could at least keep legacy drivers posted then I would plug it back in.

The latest version gave me enough problems that I disconnected the 3d mouse rather than pitch it through my shop window. Previous version they had worked fine but I needed to reinstall the driver and ended up with the newest junk one. It also gave me erratic behavior in 3d coat.

I'll wait till the next version rather than totally lose my $H!!.

I am tempted to use Xpadder and use my xbox controller as a 3d mouse. Should be simple enough to setup when i get some time. Alternatively I use a Logitech mouse with a slew of programmable buttons that I assigned to the basic views. Much quicker that way. 

Archived