In my 25 years with FormZ, if there's one consistent frustration, it must be export to Illustrator. It has changed many times but it never seems to get better.
It requires so much manual tidying up, it drives me completely up the wall.
Could you please, please, please at least do something about the scaling? I'm not asking for magical auto-join, circle/bezier output, superfluous hidden line removal or anything fancy: just 1:1 output. Yes, I know I can scale proportionally in Illustrator but by the time I prepare my 27th file for the lasercutter I don't want to.
This is what I do:
- I draw a 100x100mm square in FormZ in Modeller
- I switch off grid and axes
- I'm happy with this: I don't want to go to Layout. That's an unnecessary extra step. This square is perfect as it is.
- I use Export Image -> DWG
- I import in Illustrator, 1 unit = 1 mm
- I end up with 353.503x353.503mm square.
- Why? I don't see any metric to imperial conversion in there.