AutoDesSys

DWG-DXF blocs attributes

jldaureil

Hi everybody

I often have to process dwg files in which dots are placed as blocks with attributes that are displayed under my old LT 2004 autocad but are not imported into Formz (Z6.7.3).

These attributes are not real texts.

I did a search on the autocad side to deal with the problem.
It seems that there is a command (Burst) to convert the attributes into texts but under Autocad complete only.

Do you know if the latest versions of the Dwg / dxf importer handle these attributes?

Thanks you very much in advance

JL

Hi JL, 

There have been a number of updates to our DWG/DXF translator since version 6.  We are a little unclear on the exact problem you are experiencing with the version 6 import options.  Can you post a file to the forum that reproduces this problem along with a screenshot explaining your issues?

Or you can download the formZ 8.5.7 Pro 30 Day Trial to see if the import works properly in the current version.

JL, 

A screenshot may help show the issue, but it will not allow us to troubleshoot.  If you are unable to post the file to the forum, you can send it to us privately to support@formz.com so we can further assist you.

jldaureil, 

Can you please clarify what you are expecting to see in formZ when importing this file?  We see the points, but there is no text next to them.  Are you expecting text with the points?  Are these all AutoCAD Blocks?

We have imported this file in various 3D programs and they are all yielding different results.   

Also, if you can simplify your file so we know what exactly needs to be addressed, it will help with the process of diagnosing and fixing the issue.

• 1 month later...

Hello
I'm sorry for not answering sooner ..
Here is the simplified file with only one block.
This block consists of a point but it has a block attribute (text) that specifies the altitude of the point.
In autocad the attribute of the block is displayed next to the point.
In formZ the attribute of the block is not imported.

(Sometimes the blocks are placed at the correct altitude, sometimes they have been projected onto the reference plane.)
There is no solution in Autocad LT to automatically place the Z points according to their attributes ...
Under Autocad there would be a script.

In such a case, for now, I process each point in Autocad LT manually.
Thus the points are imported at their correct altitude in FormZ but with the loss of the altitude indication as text (attribute of the block in Autocad)

Am I clearer?

JL

ALT bloc.zip

Archived