AutoDesSys

How to maintain views when importing v6 project into v8?

3dguy

I need to re-render an old scene that I created in Form Z 6.0 a long time ago, but when I try to open that file in v8.0.2, the existing saved views that i had set up are zoomed way out with a very wide focal length. How can I open those old files without the saved views being so distorted?

I need to render that old file in exactly the same perspective (it needs to match perfectly).

Hi 3dguy,

Do you still have version 6 so you can open the file and check it's View parameters?

Maybe you could manually input the same parameters into the file when opened in v8.

Also, check if the image size/proportion is the same between the two, that will most definitely have an effect to the cone of vision.

Des

Hi 3dguy, 

As Des mentions, if you open the View Parameters in version 6 and compare them to version 8, you can make the views match by changing these values.

If you still have the Wibu key and you were on version 6.73, you can download this version in the Support > Download Archive section of our website.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have version 6 installed anymore (I didn't think it would work on the latest version of Mac OS), but luckily I still have my Wibu key - I'll try downloading it and seeing if it works.

Archived