AutoDesSys

Edit Controls of Curved Wall not working

Something is wrong with the Edit Controls when a curved wall is being edited.  In this simple example, if you select an endpoint of the curved wall section, then by clicking and dragging this point, you should be able to edit the curved 3d wall shape to match where you reset the point.  This is not working, only the underlying curve is being edited, not the 3D wall shape.  I actually noticed this a while ago, but wasn't able to pinpoint the cause since I am usually moving several of these wall points at a time.  However, in this example I am able to reproduce this with just one end point of a curved wall.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Wall Control Points - Broken.fmz.zip

post-219-0-41818100-1499291507_thumb.png

Hi Justin, 

Yes, it looks like if you grab the point of the controls, it only adjusts the original line from which the wall is derived.  Thanks for the report, we will get this corrected.

However, if you grab any of the arrows, it will change the wall's shape/dimensions.  

Since the arrows do not allow you to move in any direction you want, this doesn't really help in this case.  

That said, I was able to grab the points without using the Show Controls and drag them with out having to redraw the wall.  This creates less than accurate geometry, but is fine for quick visualization purposes.  

Will look forward to getting this corrected.  Thanks Tech!

Archived