AutoDesSys

Weird black pixels in render????

Spacer

Hi,

I am getting this defect.

Funnily enough there is a mirror in the model and the reflection is perfectly clear...with no grain.(see lower left).

Multilight on

AGS glass that outdoor light is coming through

post-9808-0-17550500-1498494367_thumb.jpg

15,86 SL

long this surface objects to create soffit lighting, and some point lights. (small spheres) using old "Jomaga" file MXMs.

Any ideas?

FZ Pro, Win 7 machine 64 bit Maxwell Render v 3;2.1.0

Deadlining and feeling very worried!!

thanks for any help

Best ,  Peter

Hi Peter,

Either a) some material in your scene is unrealistic and is causing the rendering calculation to fail, or B) n emitter may be intersecting with another object, which, depending on the type of object intersected, may sometimes cause issues.

Things to try, preferably one at a time so you can figure out where the problem is begin introduced:

- Most current version of Maxwell 3 (it's not 3.2.1.0)

- Make sure you are not using any legacy "Closest Match" material hints in your scene

- Hide the mirror

- Hide the interior emitters (may be intersecting)

- Hide the Jomaga objects

- Hide the AGS glass

Right am doing those tests now.

I realized that a Component had an emitter in it, and I had multi-light on, maybe that was it?

Anyway I got rid of that emitter.

ALso remade emitters and not using the old A-team special emitters.

Well, there's probably something incorrect about the mirror material. Is it a referenced MXM material, or the shaded translate Mirror material hint? (If the former, try switching to the latter as a test to see if that fixes it.)

You are welcome to send a version of the file if you like, preferably stripped down (via dropbox or equivalent). Please make sure to include all necessary dependencies, and test it before sending to confirm that the issue is reproduced in the stripped down version.

Also, please confirm that the mirror is offset from the wall and not intersecting/coplanar.

Hi,

It's the mirror.

But i need the mirror..

I updates to latest (v3) Maxwell.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Pylon is trying to help you by asking you to try a different mirror material and checking if the mirror face is coincident with another face or not.

Maybe you should upload part of the model including materials. The problem could be with either the material or the geometry.

I did some interiors a short time ago and have never gotten those black pixels. I usually use a solid for the mirror with smooth shading turned off (that way bevels etc. will render as flat surfaces). Here is a mirror material I've used which works fine, try it to see if you are getting the same problem, if you don't then it could be geometry.

Des

Mirror.mxm.zip

Archived