11 replies to this topic

#1 pylon

pylon

• Moderators
  • 705 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

Hi All,

The Maxwell 4.1 release is a big one. If you haven't updated to Maxwell 4 yet, now is the time.

If you are an existing customer, download Maxwell for formZ at the customer portal. If you'd like to kick the tires first, download a trial copy.

denoise.png

DENOISER
There's now an integrated denoiser. When enabled, there will be NO noise in your final rendering. This means Maxwell-quality renderings in a fraction of the time it took previously - in either CPU Production or GPU mode. Expect 2x - 8x faster architectural visualizations.

Denoiser Overview

Denoiser Video Tutorial in Studio (Click CC button for English subtitles)

Denoiser in Maxwell

Denoiser control in formZ

Light_Mixer2.jpg
LIGHT MIXER
Next up, we have a new Light Mixer. When used in conjunction with Fire, you can interactively fine-tune the contribution of all lights and emitter materials in your scene from one convenient panel. It's a lot like Multilight, inside formZ.

Light Mixer in formZ

LIGHT GROUPS
Maxwell for formZ supports formZ Light groups both in the Light Mixer and in Multilight. Intensity-override groups are represented as a single slider in both environments.

ONLINE MATERIALS
Using materials from the online materials database in formZ is now just a click away.

Materials Browser

Referenced MXM controls in formZ

NEW MATERIAL TYPES
Xrite AxF and TableBRDF material types are now supported directly by the plugin.

RELEASE NOTES
Changes

• Integrated Denoiser support. (Maxwell Options > Engine tab)
    • New Light Mixer for interactively balancing intensity of lights, light groups, onf material emitters. (Extensions > Maxwell Render > Light Mixer...)
    • formZ Light Group support: All lights in a formZ light group with intensity override are now represented by a single Multilight slider. (Enable in Maxwell Options > Translate tab)
    • Improved access to MXM file browser. (Material Parameters > Maxwell Representation > Referenced MXM option)
    • Improved access to online MXM gallery browser. (Material Parameters > Maxwell Representation > Referenced MXM option)

• Direct support for X-Rite AxF Materials (Material Parameters > Maxwell representation).
    • Direct support for TableBrdf Materials (Material Parameters > Maxwell representation).
    • Support for rendering with the number of available logical processors, minus a specified number. (Set a negative number in Maxwell Options > Engine Tab > CPU Threads)
    • Plugin now uses central Maxwell installation.
    • Update to the Maxwell 4.1 engine.

Fixes
    • Grass Modifiers using formZ material option now restored correctly on open.

• Denoiser At Each SL/At End parameter now correctly saved in project.

• Des, etroxel, DeanAmbiree and 5 others like this

#2 Des

Des

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:13 AM

Excellent!

Thanks for the heads up Pylon..

#3 etroxel

etroxel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:34 PM

This looks like an amazing release! Thanks Pylon for supporting this so well.

#4 mleblanc

mleblanc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:06 PM

I am impressed ! Thank you Pylon

#5 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for the Update, Pylon! 

#6 Andrew West

Andrew West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationBend Oregon

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:39 PM

I am curious about the Denoiser feature and how to use it.  Not being a lighting engineer I had to look up what it actually meant.  So on a typical render should we be enabling Denoiser and lowering the SL?  Should we disable Extra Sampling if we have Denoiser enabled?  Some basic guidelines would really be helpful rather than just trial and error. 
Thanks for the help.

#7 pylon

pylon

• Moderators
  • 705 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:03 AM

I added links to information about the various features to the first post above... please scroll back up.

(To search the Maxwell Documentation for any topic, from the formZ menubar, select Extensions > Maxwell Render > Maxwell Documentation... In the documentation page that is loaded, type your query into the search box.

#8 redrngr

redrngr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMaryland USA

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:11 AM

Hello Pylon,

I downloaded the Main Maxwell Renderer 4.1.0.3 Application But I cannot change my password on the Maxwell Forum and please correct me if wrong one needs to be logged into the forum to download your Maxwell 4.1.0.3 Plug-in for formZ Pro 8.5.6.7?

I can log into the Portal but that is only download the Main application and not the Plug-in for formZ Pro 8.5.6.7?

Any thought?

Thanks,

Dan Shear

#9 pylon

pylon

• Moderators
  • 705 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:54 AM

If you have purchased Maxwell 4, then you should be able to download the latest Maxwell 4 for formZ plugin from the customer portal. Please check the "downloads" tab.

Does this help?

(The forum login is only to download beta versions of the software)

#10 redrngr

redrngr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMaryland USA

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:19 PM

Yes Ben I was able to login and download the Maxwell Renderer 4.1.03 and Yes the Plug- In was included and the new version works Great,

Thanks!

Daniel R. Shear

#11 Smarttec

Smarttec

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:28 PM

Great work Ben on the updated plugin for the latest Maxwell 4.1.0.3 just released and is now a great reason and time for any older v3.2.5 laggards to update.

Upgraders should add the STUDIO option as well.

And for formZ users who want a modern realistic rendering system it beats Renderzone quality and easily competes now well with Vray.

#12 pylon

pylon

• Moderators
  • 705 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

Updated the post above to include a few additional features just added in 4.1.1.1!

• Des likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users