AutoDesSys

Components to Instances

Des

Hi Pylon,

I know I asked about this before, but I was wondering if there is any news regarding a components to instances option in any upcoming versions?

I realise that it's an issue with FormZ code or something like that, but maybe with all the talk about FZ version 9, that this could be addressed?

Thanks in advance,

Des

Hi Des,

Thanks for your input... ADS has indicated that there's work going on in the components area for v9. When v9 is released, we will review and test the APIs and see if we have everything necessary for component support.

• 1 year later...

The SDK has been available since v6 as both a C(/C++) interface and an FSL (form•Z script language) interface. 

With v9 we are introducing Python support. This simplifies and standardizes the scriptable interface for form•Z making extending form•Z easier and opening an channel to a wealth of existing python libraries that offer a variety of functionality. The C interface will still be supported in v9, but we expect the to be used primarily for existing plugins or development that needs to access external C libraries. FSL will be discontinues.

We expect that the Python interface will bring new interest in extensions and to the LAB project which has not been updated in a while. We expect to start beta testing towards the end of next month so stay tuned!

Just wondering if this might help with the creation and control of components/MXS references to instances when 9 comes out?

Don't know if these are connected in any way, but to be able to use instances from the Maxwell plugin would be amazing. I'm thinking of foliage etc.

Des

Archived