AutoDesSys

Starting Layout

Guest seasdes

Guest seasdes

Is the only  way to start Layout by File>New Layout Project in Windows 7.

I am trying to open an existing Layout file.

Maybe I need to double click on the file using Windows Explorer?

formZ Layout is an application in itself, independent of formZ (as also Imager), you can launch it directly to then open your FML file or by double click in it.

Guest seasdes

formZ Layout is an application in itself, independent of formZ (as also Imager), you can launch it directly to then open your FML file or by double click in it.

That's the issue ZTEK, while Layout is an application on  it's own, there is no start up icon. See attachment.

Seasdes, 

Can you confirm you are using version 8.5 (Help > About formZ to check the version and build number).  If you are currently using 8.5.7, then it looks like something did not install properly and you will need to re-install formZ.  Please contact support@formz.com for the download link.

Guest seasdes

I have uninstalled FormZ and reinstalled using the link provided. Virus checker and firewall was disabled during  this process.

FormZ and Layout appeared to install ok.

Icons to Start FormZ and Layout were installed on the desktop.

However, Layout is still missing from the Start menu.

Guest seasdes

Seasdes, 

Do you see it in the C: > Program Files > formZ 8 > formZ 8.5 Pro folder?

Yes I see it.

Hi seasdes, 

The current installers used in formZ were created after windows 7, which is why this may not be working properly for you.  You can add formZ Layout to the start menu yourself or create a desktop alias if you would like to create a shortcut for the application.  

Archived