REFERENCE PLANE CONTROL WIDGET:
By trial and error I discovered:
1. You could accurately rotate the rings of the Reference Plane control widget by their axial bullets on the rings by sequentially tapping the TAB key. Each time you hit the TAB key a different ring with a gray color circular dial is activated.
By snapping an axial bullet and tabbing to the desired ring, you can rotate the bullet and accurately snap to a segment or object snap of an object. Sometimes you don’t know what angle to rotate a reference plane. You don’t need to know the angle if you snap with bullet points.
Reference Plane Control widget_TAB X point.png 13.37KB 0 downloads
Reference Plane Control widget_TAB Z point.png 12.42KB 0 downloads
2. Sometimes the Edit Reference Plane is active and the Reference Plane control widget disappears.
A solution is to click the Create Reference Plane icon. (Strangely, this does NOT create a new reference plane in the Custom Reference Planes palette.) Then, click on the Edit Reference Plane icon. This brings back the Reference Plane control widget.
3. There is a time delay for the angle readout when rotating a circular dial. (d 45 degrees etc.)
1) I’d like the Angle of rotation to show on the Input Palette. That way I could input an angle directly.
2) I’d like to be able to control the time delay of the angle readout adjacent the circular dial.