AutoDesSys

Double Click to Edit View Parameters is not working

Justin Montoya

Double Click to Edit View Parameters is not working.  I've been seeing this happen, but couldn't place a finger on why.  Now it seems like after leaving the Cone of Vision, trying to then double click on a view to edit it's view parameters, no longer works.  You must right click and hit edit, as a workaround.

Hi Justin, 

We are able to access the View Parameters just fine after exiting the Cone of Vision, both by double clicking and by right clicking.  Which operating system are you running, and which version of formZ are you using?  

Is anyone else having this problem?

Hi Tech,

Newest MacOS Sierra with latest updates.  FormZ 8.5.7....

Did you try creating multiple saved views in the Cone of Vision, then quitting it?  I was using Interactive Shaded preview during COV, not sure if that matters.  But I can reproduce it regularly here.  

I've also come across another bug where double clicking in the Materials palette open space no longer creates a new material, like it always did in the past.

Hi Justin, 

We tried this on 10.12.4 Sierra, creating multiple views in the CoV window, making changes to these views, closing out, and we are able to double click and access the parameters.

Are you by chance using a second monitor?  If so, does this happen if you disconnect the monitor?

Or perhaps do you have multiple Spaces active on your desktop?  If you have only one Desktop space and try it again, do you still get the same problem?

Between the View Parameters and the Material Parameters it sounds like perhaps these windows are not opening on the proper screen, or behind the project window.

Materials issue is the same here.  I think I have reported this before, or something akin to it.

I can create a group, and when I go inside the group, double click, but the material appears outside of the group.

Mac Pro 5,1   10.12.4

No issues with the first concern.

Hi Justin, 

We tried this on 10.12.4 Sierra, creating multiple views in the CoV window, making changes to these views, closing out, and we are able to double click and access the parameters.

Are you by chance using a second monitor?  If so, does this happen if you disconnect the monitor?

Or perhaps do you have multiple Spaces active on your desktop?  If you have only one Desktop space and try it again, do you still get the same problem?

Between the View Parameters and the Material Parameters it sounds like perhaps these windows are not opening on the proper screen, or behind the project window.

I wish it was that simple.  Like I said, right clicking and hitting Edit that way, works fine, so the Window is not being lost or anything.

I have 3 monitors, always hooked up to my Mac Pro, they never get disconnected.

I do not use Spaces, just the 3 Desktops, one for each monitor.

Something is happening after leaving the CoV window, because it works as expected with the double click before going in there.  I've also noticed that the Palette Dock resizes itself (too short) after leaving the CoV, so it's not remembering it's proper last 'state'.  Perhaps that is related?

Archived