AutoDesSys

No dimensions showing?

kac

I'm a little new to FZ and trying to get dimensions to show on my models. Need to export out my models with dimensions and notes and for the life of me I cannot get the numbers to show nor arrows or lines. I am pretty sure I am doing something stupid or just don't see what I am supposed to click.

Help!

post-25632-0-07317400-1492562949_thumb.jpg

Tech is gone for the day but I am on the west coast and might be able to help.  What format are you trying to export out to? If I create a cube in model mode and then dimension it in drafting mode I can export out the geometry and dimensions in DWG format just fine. 

Hi kac, 

Go to File > Project Settings > Dimensions.  Perhaps the dimensions you are using are too small for the scale of the model.  You can add and customize your dimensions in this dialogue box.

Then when you create a dimension, change the Style from the drop-down menu in the Tool Options.

Does that help?

Ahh, that got me in the right direction. Was the Type option set to "World" instead of "Screen" that caused it to be too small no matter what the project size was. I use Miniature for the most part on my projects.

Creating a new style I was able to adjust.

Thanks,

Ken

Archived