AHTOH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russian Federation

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:37 AM

Hello there.

Seems like it is not possible to create this simple model with current build of FormZ:

impossible shape.jpg

Attached File  3 watch wristbelt part.fmz.zip   128.3KB   25 downloads

This is just the sample of how it does not work for me. I spent about 4 hours trying to find workaround. Nothing works. If I create it properly here it has bugs in another parts.

Anton Voloshin,

architect, interior designer, product designer.

#2 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:54 AM

Hi Anton, 

Thanks for posting the file and your report.  We are getting some similar problems with this file when reshaping and rounding the specified edge/face.  We tested this file in a previous version of formZ and it seem to work properly there.  If you still have 8.0.2 installed on your system, try it there.  If not, you can download this version by navigating to the formZ home page Support > Download Archive.  If you do not have your previous registration information, send us an email with your serial number and we will look it up for you.

• AHTOH likes this

#3 AHTOH

AHTOH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russian Federation

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:26 PM

Hi Anton, 

Thanks for posting the file and your report.  We are getting some similar problems with this file when reshaping and rounding the specified edge/face.  We tested this file in a previous version of formZ and it seem to work properly there.  If you still have 8.0.2 installed on your system, try it there.  If not, you can download this version by navigating to the formZ home page Support > Download Archive.  If you do not have your previous registration information, send us an email with your serial number and we will look it up for you.

Hello Tech.

I found the workaround for that shape yet hope it [FormZ 8.5.7] will be fixed soon.

Best,

Anton.

Anton Voloshin,

architect, interior designer, product designer.

#4 vva

vva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationBielefeld, Germany

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:30 PM

hello Anton,

with latest version (Build 9929) on iMac I have no problems. I tried a smaller R =1,5mm first. That works.

In similar cases I use to copy the object to a new file and then R=1,6mm worked too - and additional small R worked as suspected.

Attached Thumbnails

• Bildschirmfoto.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, bad geometry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users