AutoDesSys

Form Z 8.0 match view help

3dguy

I'm trying to figure out how to use the Match View tool in Form Z 8.0, and the instructions in your online support manual don't match the toolset. For example, in the manual, it says:

From the Display menu, select Display Options.... This invokes the Display Options palette that contains the Background menu. From it select Flat Image, which brings in a default image and places it as a background. To import another image, click on the Options... button (next to the Backgroundmenu) and in the dialog that is invoked click Load.... This will invoke the Open dialog from where you can select the image you want.

There isn't a "Background" menu in the Display Options palette in v8.0. Where can I set the background image that I'm going to use as a reference to match?

Never mind - found it. I realized that you have to be in shaded work or shaded full in order to get that option. It would be nice to have this for wireframe views as well, as it's sometimes hard to see through the model in shaded work or full in order to match points.

Archived