AutoDesSys

Clipping Plane Representation

DaveVT

Sorry if this has already been addressed. Is there a toggle that can be set to over ride the representation of solids being cut by the plane to a single selected color like white, grey or black?  If not could it be added?

Thank you.

I assume you are talking about the colour of the solid where it is being cut?

You can set the colour by selecting the solid, go to pick options, select the dropdown menu "Cross Section" and the options for colours are there.

Des

My question is, is it possible after the fact, to change the representation of the cross section created by the clipping plane(s) of any and all objects in the model by a simple toggle switch and specification of the color to be used? That is as opposed to your suggestion to select object and change the representation one by one. This is purely a view time setting that is nondestructive to the model as created.

• 2 weeks later...

This feature is buggy.  For example if I change the color of cross section of a green box to black - it just turns it darker green.  Same for any grey or white.  I also find some colors are not correct.  It's as if the cross section color is blended with the color of the box.

Also would be great to have control of the line weight, besides 1-5 choices.  We should have access to normal line weights and line styles.  

Archived