#21 ZTEK

ZTEK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSantiago - Chile

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:37 AM

Really sad news, my more heartfelt condolences to you, his family and friends...

I never met Paul, I never spoke with him, but I'm feel part of this family group, of which Paul was certainly a very important member, and for this reason I have a very deep sense of sadness...

Thanks Paul, we will remember you...

Marcelo

• Dwaynewees likes this

#22 andrew

andrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:23 AM

No!  This is  so sad to hear.  Paul, go easy my friend. I will always value the time you took at all hours to help me see, understand and learn. Your patience and persistence and creative thinking was truly remarkable.  My best wishes to the ADS family and Paul's family.

#23 Justin Montoya

Justin Montoya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

Really sad news indeed.  

Paul was always there offering a helping hand, trying very hard to keep FormZ working for us all.  His support will be truly missed.

Sending Love from the FormZ community to his family and friends!

#24 kim

kim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:07 PM

I am stunned and sitting here in a state of shock.

Thank you Paul for all your help over the years with FZ.   If I may speak for the FZ community - you are our hero, you were definitely mine.  So, sorry to hear that for this last year you had to struggle living with cancer.  This did not come through with any of your email answers to our questions.

Condolences to everyone at AutoDesSys, to Paul's family and friends.

Paul, I will miss you sorely.

Kim

• andrew likes this

#25 Smarttec

Smarttec

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

This man was truly helpful and couteous in all the many years that I have had the pleasure of knowing him. I am saddened by the news and wish those who knew him better, particularly his family my sincere condolences.

Rob Keeping

#26 jsiggia

jsiggia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

My condolences to Paul’s family and friends and everyone at AutoDesSys. He leaves behind a huge space that will be felt for a long time by many people.    

Goodby Paul,

Joe Siggia

Joe Siggia

Looking for users in the central Virginia area.

Late 2014 iMac Retina.

Look up from your phone.

#27 redrngr

redrngr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMaryland USA

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:53 AM

My deepest condolences go to Paul's family and also the formZ family as his spirit lives on.

Dan S.

#28 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

Thank you to everyone for your thoughtful messages. They mean a lot to us and to his family. Paul decided not to share his illness so as not to distract from his support of the community. He often answered emails and forum posts while at long chemo sessions or late at night when he was unable to sleep.

He set the standard for customer care that we will continue as we honor his determination and eternal optimism.

• Des, jsiggia, andrew and 5 others like this

#29 DennisA

DennisA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

I will truly miss Paul, I consider him one of the fmz tech masters on the team... thought the years coming thru with many fmz solutions & workarounds.

The very best regards & condolences to his family & friends.

• andrew likes this

#30 R2D2

R2D2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

Really sad news - my condolences to Paul's family and friends.

#31 DMclean

DMclean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

So sad and shocking. Paul provided such amazing support to the formZ community, above and beyond the call of duty. He will be sorely missed by all. Condolences to his family and friends.

#32 Spacer

Spacer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:52 AM

My condolences to Paul's family and to you at AutodesSys. He was always a great help and very patient with my questions.

Peter

#33 Hugo

Hugo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:54 AM

My condolences!

I am bit shocked, because I remember him as a very good member of the support team and this for many many years. Many moments of contact by email, and always good answers.

VANDENBOOMEN-ARCHITECTen...

MACOS 10.12 SIERRA | Form Z 8.5.7 | Vectorworks 2017 SP | AutoCad 2017 LT | Maxwell Render 4.1.x.x | Thea Render | Renderzone | Affinity Photo and Designer

Mac Pro late 2013 8-core 3.0Ghz 32Gb RAM, 2x FirePro D500 3GB | MacBook Pro Retina 15" mid 2014 i7 2.8Ghz 16Gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 2Gb+Intel Iris

Mac Pro mid 2010 12-core 3,46Ghz 96Gb RAM, SSD | Mac Mini mid 2010 2,4Ghz 2-core 16Gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 320M 256MB | Cinema Display 27" 2560x1440 | LG 31" 4K 4096x2160

#34 Tomas Egger

Tomas Egger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:19 PM

Ola,

A EIAS (Electric Image) user informed us about Paul, We are very sorry to hear this. We will miss Paul Helm, He was a very kind and friendly person who assisted us tirelessly, even when we emailed several times a day. Rest in Peace.

We offer our sincere condolences to his family.

Tomas & Igors

EIAS3D Team
tom@eias3d.com

#35 3dguy

3dguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

Very sad. Condolences to his friends and family (and of course the FormZ team).

#36 jldaureil

jldaureil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:44 AM

It is with immense sadness that I learn belatedly the death of Paul Helm.
Paul always responded to my solicitations with unparalleled professionalism.
In a recent intervention on this forum I said that this space of discussion was beyond the legend, a myth.
I am sure that Paul contributed to this, he was one of the best contributors.

I would like to express my sincere condolences to his family and to all those who appreciated him and to the entire team at Autodessys.

Jean-Luc

• jsiggia likes this

#37 mmnaher

mmnaher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:57 AM

I am so sorry to hear of Paul's passing. He was instrumental in helping me learn formZ. He had great patience and understanding. He will be missed greatly.

#38 bennapolis

bennapolis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

I was sorry and shocked to hear the sad news from formZ when I called them about an issue recently, asking where is Paul? I didn't know and had no idea that he had not been well. Paul was always quick to respond to my inquires, questions, and other issues that came up with formZ and bonZai3d over the years. I would report bugs I found from time to time. He has been there as long as I can remember. He was extremely helpful to me (and my students). I will miss communicating with him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users