AutoDesSys

Material Name and Modelling Axis

Walter

Hi there,

i'm using FormZ Pro 8.5 but sometimes i'm still using FormZ 6.7 because of some Options - maybe you can tell me if i can manage them also in Version 8.5.

MATERIALS: (see Attachement) 

I'm showing my material with small Icons - in Version 6.7 i can see the name of the selected material in the upper window frame - in Version 8.5 there is just a Name of the material when i use the big Icons. Is it possible to show the material Name also in the Window Frame like Formz 6.7 when using small icons? Because of Little space i'm using the small Icons, but in 8.5 it's horrible when you don't see any Name.

AXIS AFTER USING A MODELLING TOOL: (see Attachement) 

Every time after creating something like a cube, FormZ 8.5 is showing that orange axis and i have again to confirm my work. In FormZ 6.7 after giving the height of the cube it is done - i have nothing to confirm so i'm faster. Can i turn of the function with the orange axis?  

Regards

Walter

post-30-0-42429300-1488703457_thumb.jpg

post-30-0-89215300-1488703602_thumb.jpg

+1.

It would also be immensely helpful if when an object is selected, there would be a small indication of the material that is assigned to it from within the materials palette. For example, when no objects are selected, the active material is indicated with a red outline in the materials palette as is is now. When an object is selected, the material that is assigned to it is indicated with an orange outline in the palette, or another similar manner. I know the object attributes already show the material assigned, but it would be convenient if it could be indicated at a glance from the materials palette.

Walter, et al., 

Thanks for the suggestion to see the material name in the materials palette, we will see if this can be added in the future.

Walter, 

The "orange axis" that is visible immediately after creating a geometry is the result buffer.  This phase in the modeling allows you to dynamically change the tool options of the geometry that was just created in the project window.  This may seem silly or trivial when creating something as simple as a cube, but it is very helpful when using some of the more involved tools such as one of the stair tools or one of the scatter tools.  There is no need to "confirm" the geometry, you can just click your next tool or pick something else in the window to confirm.  Does that help?

Archived