AutoDesSys

Text display in hidden line render

Alan Cooper

post-242-0-83184300-1488650662_thumb.jpg I often need to produce drawings from a model using dashed lines to show hidden lines of objects. Wire frame is nice and clear but no simply produced hidden lines.

It's possible to get clear text for wire frame display which sadly does not have a hidden line option, but if using hidden line render display, the dimension font changes and is not of a presentable quality, appearing  jagged and of varying boldness on (my) 17" monitor screen. I want to create one-time dimensioned illustrations to screen-capture before deleting the dimensions rather than use Layout which would take more time and energy. I hope rendering of dimension text improves with the next version of FZ.

My preferred font for dimensions is called Patrick Hand because it is one of the few where all characters are unique, for example, 606 doesn't look like an upside-down 909 or, as with some fonts, 100101 look like an upside-down 101001 or get confused with an adjacent small case L or capital i etc. which can be important occasionally. Patrick Hand certainly doesn't get recognised by hidden line render on my computer, and gets converted to some other font which is not displayed clearly and consistently on the monitor.

Ideally I'd like to see the font definition improved in hidden line render. Is there a simple work around to get the drawings presentable?

Attached, hidden line render, variable quality.

post-242-0-25154700-1488650298_thumb.jpg

post-242-0-08047800-1488650316_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tech, I appreciate the good news.

In the meantime, while still eager for the correction, I am getting acceptable results by the following method:

As I make furniture construction diagrams from 3d model, to increase the definition of the (temporary) dimension text, I increase the top of what needs to be shown to full screen width, and begin a scrolling capture using Snagit. By scrolling down the window in FZ until all of the height of the diagram has been captured with Snagit, the result is good enough for use. I make as many of these as required before printing as a multi-page pdf document. I'm not at all concerned with varying scales of diagrams as long as dimensions are on them, because each diagram is arranged as an A4 size page, but in practice becomes a full screen on a 10 inch tablet so the method is efficient for our purposes.

Archived