AutoDesSys

Guide Lines that do not want to be deleted

kim

I guess I don't use guides enough to run into that issue. I have found at times that Form.z will tend to hang onto graphic information in Shaded View that I have deleted or moved.  Not sure if that is the case here.  To get my view to display the current state I sometimes switch to full Shaded Full and then back to Shaded and my image updates correctly.  Have you tried restarting your program?

Hi Jaakko et al,

Thanks for sending your file.  There are 2 different types of guides -- those that you make yourself with the Guide tool -- and Temporary Guides that you can make automatically by holding down the Ctrl Space while your cursor is snapping to some geometry.  These Temporary guides can then be deleted via the Ctrl Shift Spacebar (Win) or Option Spacebar (Mac).

Does that allow you to remove the temporary guides as desired?

(If anyone has a file where this does not remove the guides, please send the file so we can look at that as well and we will see what we can do to help.  ;) )

Hi Tech,

Just uploaded the file with guideline issues.  It is titled Guidelines.  I thought that they were the guidelines that are placed temporarily but could not get rid of them using the Option Spacebar method. 

Thanks

Kim

Hi Kim,

Thanks for clarifying the upload location.  Normally if you want to use our FTP site to send a file you want to use:

ftp.formz.com

name = dropbox

pass =  i8ugdl

(Or you can use dropbox.com or any other FTP service will work....)

But anyway, we have the file, and just using the key shortcut to clear the Temporary Guides (Option + Space on OS X, or Ctrl + Shift + Space on Windows), then this works fine with your file.  If this is not working for you, then you have likely cleared this or assigned it to something else.  You can reassign this here if necessary:

post-5-0-13852100-1487281558_thumb.jpg

There are lots of other key shortcut controls you can add if you like (as you can see above).   And if you are saving a lot of shortcuts, don't forget to use the Key Shortcut manager to Save your shortcuts to a file that can be re-loaded in the future (or on another computer) if you like...  ;)

Archived