AutoDesSys

Workaround for Layout? ...anybody use it this way?

Hugo

How do you access frame parameters for an existing frame (retrospectively). I also could not find a tool or keyboard shortcut for frame parameters. Frame paramaters (wrongly spelt) dialogue appears automatically immediately after creating the frame but that seems to be the last opportunity to change settings for the frame.

Thanks Tech,

I don't think this is mentioned in the manual but I've since noticed that it is shown about half way through Matt's 'Fast and flexible Layout in FormZ'

I tried Layout a few times in the past which weren't so successful for me but very happy to say I am finding it useful now, thank you.

There doesn't seem to be an option to duplicate sheet, could this be added please?

Although duplicate, copy and paste are in the local menu, it does not seem possible to use these actions between sheets.

However, I think I discovered a way: Select the frames you want to copy to another sheet, select the move tool with make copy active, click the position to start the copy from then switch to another sheet and the copy process can be continued into the new sheet. Cool.

You can virtually duplicate a sheet or as much of it as you want to by this simple procedure. I don't think that is in the manual either.

Duplicate sheet would be even quicker though when you want whole sheet duplicated.

• 1 year later...

Hello folks.

I recently figured out how to make drafts using really nice link between Modeling and Layout with all those powerful capabilities of changing drawings while model has changed, sections e.t.c.

Obviously create your model 😀

1. Create Layout in desired scale make all you need it look good: proper views, projections sections and so on. Remember the scale
  2. Use "Save a copy" command from File menu. Use option to save as FormZ 6.5-6.7 format. You will get a file with .fml extension.
  3. Rename .fml in Finder on Mac (or do the same on Windows). Say "Use .fmz instead of .fml" when Finder asks you to do it.
  4. Open your file in FormZ 6.7 Modeling and Scale it to real values (you still remember your scale from Layout, aren`t you?)
  5. Create new Drafting window and use Edit -> Paste from Modeling 

This will allow you to use benefits from both worlds Layout and awesome  Drafting.

Enjoy!

Hello folks.

I recently figured out how to make drafts using really nice link between Modeling and Layout with all those powerful capabilities of changing drawings while model has changed, sections e.t.c.

Obviously create your model 😀

1. Create Layout in desired scale make all you need it look good: proper views, projections sections and so on. Remember the scale
  2. Use "Save a copy" command from File menu. Use option to save as FormZ 6.5-6.7 format. You will get a file with .fml extension.
  3. Rename .fml in Finder on Mac (or do the same on Windows). Say "Use .fmz instead of .fml" when Finder asks you to do it.
  4. Open your file in FormZ 6.7 Modeling and Scale it to real values (you still remember your scale from Layout, aren`t you?)
  5. Create new Drafting window and use Edit -> Paste from Modeling 

This will allow you to use benefits from both worlds Layout and awesome  Drafting.

Enjoy!

Archived