AutoDesSys

Slice

Guest seasdes

Guest seasdes

I find that when I slice an object the original unsliced object remains along with the resulting sliced object. Is there a way that I can stop this from happening?

I am using V8.5.6.

Seades,

The Edit Menu will control the Status of Objects, which is set to Ghost by default.  If you reset that, does that do what you want?

Or if not, please zip and post a simple FMZ file that shows your issue so we can test with this here...

I think that what you are looking for is the trim tool and not the slice tool.  With the trim tool (last one in that column) you can set it to delete the operand or ghost it.  With the slice tool your only option is to heal the object after slicing.  Be careful though,  the trim tool can be very unpredictable. 

Guest seasdes

Seades,

The Edit Menu will control the Status of Objects, which is set to Ghost by default.  If you reset that, does that do what you want?

Or if not, please zip and post a simple FMZ file that shows your issue so we can test with this here...

Thanks Tech and Andrew.

The Edit settings should have been Ghost Operands rather than Keep Operands. All good now.

Archived