#21 3dworks

3dworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:48 AM

pity because it actually worked well as a demo. with my hardware setup (nvidia 980ti + macpro mid 2010)  it was extremely fast, results look very good and easy to use. strange that they still didn't remove the FZ plugin option from their website - you even can download the demo.

Edited by 3dworks, 27 September 2017 - 03:49 AM.

3dworks visual computing + photography

#22 Justin Montoya

Justin Montoya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

Since Solid Iris was acquired by Altair, many of it's rendering plugins have stopped being developed.  I was one of the few who actually bought this plugin, and from communication with them, they ultimately felt there was not enough interest in the plugin to continue immediate development.   They did say they would continue to evaluate the interest in the future, and that's why they are leaving the demo available.  They are working on a rather big internal upgrade to the rendering engines, so after that they will incorporate it into the various plugins.  If you would like to see this get updated for FormZ, please reach out to them and let them know you are interested.

#23 Andyb

Andyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:00 AM

Dissapointing that its discontinued, I had the trial and thought it was really good actually but I went with Maxwell in the end.

I must say however, I am greatly concerned regards to things like this. It seams that the Z user base is tiny which makes me reluctant to invest. Really hope Maxwell and Vray don't go the same way, that would be disastrous. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users