AutoDesSys

GPU in Maxwell 4

Anwar

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a GTX1080 a few weeks ago and I have installed the latest driver.  In the Nvidia panel I added Maxwell to 3D rendering.  Now if I enable GPU rendering in the Display panel and hit render it launches Maxwell Studio and then nothing happens.  No preview and no image.  If I switch back to CPU it renders fine.  What am I doing wrong?

I bought a GTX1080 a few weeks ago and I have installed the latest driver.  In the Nvidia panel I added Maxwell to 3D rendering.  Now if I enable GPU rendering in the Display panel and hit render it launches Maxwell Studio and then nothing happens.  No preview and no image.  If I switch back to CPU it renders fine.  What am I doing wrong?

What about Fire?   Does the interactive render (Fire) work with the GPU?  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Andrew,

What do you mean about the Nvidia panel, adding 3D rendering? I don't think I have done this... (I have just switched to PC so Im a bit of a noob)

Cheers

If you have a Nvidia card you should have loaded a program from disk or online that has the Nvidia control panel.  Launch that from your program files or from the task bar and then go to -3dSettings-Manage 3D Settings-(this opens the window) and then click on tab that says Program Settings.  Under number 1. is Select A Program to customize- there is an ADD button you can click.  Then just scroll down until you see Maxwell listed. 

Archived