AutoDesSys

Output files for scenes (V4)

DJAB

Guys,

This is probably really simple but I don't know what I have changed, or how. 

Basically, hitting render from within FormZ for any particular scene creates a folder. Last week when I was hitting render the folder would have it in it PNG, MXI and MXS files. Upon hitting stop a PNG file would be automatically created within the folder and if I closed maxwell and opened the MXI file at a later date the render would still be there so I could change the Iso and shutter etc, to tweak the image.

However, if I hit render today I will get the folder but it only contains an MXS file and no PNG or MXI file. Even when I hit stop a PNG is not automatically created anymore, if I close the file and re-open I will need to re-render the scene, I don't get the MXI file that has the render in it.

Whats happened? Any ideas? (See screen shot, top folder from last week, bottom from today)

Andy

post-15766-0-86379000-1479500023_thumb.png

Please attempt to render your project with Maxwell again (Select Display> Maxwell Render). Then, open the plugin Log (Select Extensions> Maxwell Render> Log).
If you cannot find the source of the problem in the Log, click on "Save Log" and save to your Desktop or other convenient location, then post the resulting log here, or send it to pylon_support.jpg

I found the cause of the problem. Inside the display settings for maxwell, I had it set to GPU, when I changed it to Production it saves the PNG and the MXI file too.

Is that normal, or a bug? (Whats the difference between the GPU and Production setting within the display options)

Hi Andy,

I am glad you found the cause. GPU rendering is not supported on OSX at present. It is still possible to set the render to "GPU" type within OSX versions on Maxwell and plugins, however, so that the MXS can be GPU rendered on windows (either started manually on a windows computer, or via network rendering).

Archived