AutoDesSys

tool_random_trans not working in recent versions?

Unfortunately this extension was written in FSL which is not 64 bit compatible. We are working on updating these older utilities to plugins (which means they will perform better too). Attached is are OS X and Windows 64 plugins of the random transformation utility plugin for you to try! 

NOTE THAT THESE PLUGINS IN THIS POST WILL ONLY WORK WITH 8.5.6 (or later). 

We expect to re-release a number of these in the not too distant future. They still need some clean up but they seem to be functioning well.

To install, download, de-compress and drop the folder into the "plugins" folder of your formZ installation. You should see the tool icon at the bottom of the tool bar (if not try resetting your workspace from the workspace menu).

Enjoy!

random_trans_OSX.zip

random_trans_Win64.zip

Hi Lab

random transform works great but not with components; when I select components and click on script the components are changed but When I'll return to pick tool there is a message that ask if update components. In this dialog there are two options but only one choice works; the choice that works create copy of originally components.

(sorry for my poor english)

Andrea

Hi Andrea.

Yes, this old plugin was simply recompiled so it works with the current version, but it was not re-written to handle Components.  At some point it should be rewritten to handle Components (or to disallow Components at a minimum) but for now you should avoid using this plugin with Components...

Hi Markus,

This plugin / script has always worked at the Object topological level, no?

(We checked your file in v6.7 and the whole objects moved there too.)

Are you able to get just the points to move in a previous version?

i don't know if it worked that way, but i need a tool to move points in this case. i did already solve the problem by importing this to lightwave modeler and re-exporting it to FZ, but a tool which moves any selected geometry would be more helpful.

All,

Here is an updated plugin that works on points, edges, outlines and faces as well as objects.

Components have not been fully exposed in the SDK yet. We are working on this and we will make a new random_trans plugin that handles components once the SDK support thats necessary is available.

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming!

random_trans_OSX.zip

random_trans_Win64.zip

post-5-0-03811400-1476297649_thumb.png

post-5-0-65789700-1476297658_thumb.png

Archived