AutoDesSys

text position and rotation not being retained with 8.5.5

¢hris £und

Tech,

when I import text into 8.5.5  (not tested with other versions of 8 or 7  but does work with 6.5)  the text gets centered into the patterns (probably a block)   and rotated to 0º

Please note the images attached.    the second image shows that the text is getting left justified to the bounding center of the pattern (while lines applied to HA and HH after import on 8.5.5)

the differences that 6.5.x  show compared to the original can be accounted for by font changes.   the differences that 8.5.5 shows cannot be accounted for by font changes.

the original comes from PatternSmith on windows.

Rhino.dxf.zip

post-9803-0-64940800-1474948707_thumb.png

post-9803-0-35013500-1474948730_thumb.png

Update,   This is a critical issue   ( Related to http://forums.formz.com/index.php?/topic/4232-extras-being-selected/?p=15725   as these are notes )

as noted in the other thread (though different issue)  Z- is importing text from a .dxf file as notes, not a text object.

Technically, I wouldn't care except for that Z- repositions and rotates all text to center of the pattern/block.

I cannot even go and rotate my text after the fact greater that 90º.  as Z- ostensibly thinks that text should never be upside down.

This appears to be a display issue.  But since it always displays it right side up, I cannot tell which way it really is.

Either, we need to make notes more useful and more editable (That parameters pallet behaves horribly)  , or import text as objects again.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Hi Ztech,

Any update on this?
I have just updated formZ from v6.6.2 to v8.5.6 .
Position and size of texts are going wrong when I am importing dwg and dxf  in v.8.5.6 .

post-21542-0-41125000-1486082634_thumb.jpg

Fortunately I have v6, but it would be bothered for some new user, they do not have old versions.
and then they would leave formZ ...
so it's critcal I think.

regards,

Takeharu Yabe

post-21542-0-41125000-1486082634_thumb.jpg

Archived