AutoDesSys

internal error message

Hugo

Dear Hugo,

We have tested this repeatedly without any issues.  Have you completely reset your preferences or reinstalled since you upgraded your operating system?  If not:

1.  Please try resetting your formZ Preferences by Quitting formZ, going to the Finder: GO Menu, hold down the Option key, choose Library: Preferences -- and rename the autodessys folder (add a number to the end of the name).  Then relaunch and retest the issue.

2.  If that doesn't fix it, try deleting, downloading and reinstalling a clean copy of formZ.  You can download this from here:

http://www.formz.com/products/formz/update/formz_85_Pro.html

Do either of those fix it for you?

I am not sure what's going on, but if I try to download the new DMG file, it stops halfway.

- I deleted the preferences: still issue.

- I deleted the folder formZ 8 from the applications folder: now I am not able to reinstall at all. 

Finally I could download, install new FormZ (login as Administrator), but still got the message and CRASH, after select the crash button in the message.

Then logging out, and login as user. Before I could use the program my cursor did strange. Moved slow on the screen by itself. Then suddenly the startup procedure has finished, the cursor behave normal and that was it.

I just sent the crash log to support mail address. Maybe you can see something....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hugo,

We are still not reproducing this.  Does anyone else reproduce what Hugo reports with v8.5.6?

Please try these steps exactly:

1.  Download a clean copy of formZ from here: http://www.formz.com/update

2.  Quit formZ, go to the Finder: Go Menu, hold down the Option key, choose Library: Preferences -- and delete or rename the autodessys folder.

3.  Launch and Register the copy you just installed.

4.  Draw an extruded rectangle, pick it, click the Parameters Tab, and try changing the different fields as you show with your video.

5.  If the problem recurs, please make a new screen capture video and post a link to that so we can see if there are any other clues there.

6.  And if the error message appears, click the Show Details and attach that to your reply as well.

Or did that solve it for you?

Archived