AutoDesSys

Section cuts bug

Alan Cooper

Section cuts will not cut when a clipping plane is active. A workaround, if you need to keep the clipping plane active to see and select what you need to, is to copy or cut required objects, paste into new model, make the section cut and paste back to the original model.

I'm assuming this is a bug, Windows 64bit FZpro 8.5.4

Hi Tech, please find attached simple file containing a cube from my template file. I use S to action the section tool and spacebar to confirm the dialog question to permanently cut. If the clipping plane is on, if I cut the large box with a face of the front box paralel to the clip plane, it gives visual feedback of a correct cut but actually cuts on the clipping plane itself. If I try to cut the large box using a plane perpendicular to the clipping plane, no cut is made.

Hi Alan,

We don't understand what you mean by "and spacebar to confirm the dialog question to permanently cut."

To what do you have that programmed?  The Space Bar should bring up the Favorite tools.  Or if you have the Do you want to Complete the Section dialog, the ENTER or Return key will choose Yes, but not the Space Bar.

Or are we missing something?

Hi Tech,

I have been testing again and am getting mixed results, sometimes it works as expected, other times not. I was beginning to think it was view dependent, now I'm confused as to why it sometimes works correctly for me with clipping plane on and other times not but I've run out of time to keep experimenting, sorry.

In reply to your comments:

Sorry for not explaining my spacebar is set as keyboard shortcut for Pick. It is most likely something I carried over from sketchup and works great for me. Clipping planes aside, when I do a section cut it is very efficient to hit S (my shortcut for section cut), select object to be cut, select face on another object for cutting plane, hit spacebar, [this induces confirmation box] hit enter, section cut done.

post-242-0-47775600-1473228350_thumb.jpg

Archived