#1 3dworks

3dworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:57 PM

i can only see the display icon, but not the thea tools as described in the documentation. extension manager shows them as loaded, but i checked through all the areas in the editor and cannot find anything but the display icon. under what section should it appear? i also did a workspace reset as recommended in the manual. i'm using a dual screen setup which i don't want to destroy by reverting to defaults - as FZ workspace management is still a bit temperamental and i would like to keep things running as they are. any hints what could be wrong?

otherwise, great plugin, very well integrated...i am now very tempted to buy it, as - apart of the reported glitch - it works quite nicely out of the box. so, off topic, i also have a question about network rendering: i'm based on mac and have a geforce 980ti card on the main mac pro, but as i am also rendering a lot in octane, i have a separate GPU expander box connected to a networked PC with windows as well. is there any wqay to use those extra 5 GPU's with thea? if yes, what would be the licensing cost in this case? i am only interested using thea with FZ for now.

cheers

markus

• JoryikMn, AlexissMn, Michxealexing and 1 other like this

3dworks visual computing + photography

#2 George Gliatis

George Gliatis

• Moderators
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:54 AM

Hi 3dworks!

Thea Tools icon should be the last icon in the Modeling Tools toolbar. Are you sure that it is not grouped with any other extension?

Greetings,

George

#3 3dworks

3dworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:43 AM

it is not grouped and i cannot find it in the tool manager. the only icon i can find is the display mode icon as in this screenshot

Tool_Manager_2016-08-23_10-44-49.png

it is NOT under extension. under which section should it be found?

as you can see here it is loaded

Extensions_2016-08-23_10-48-59.png

kind regards markus

Edited by 3dworks, 23 August 2016 - 03:49 AM.

#4 manolis

manolis

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:46 AM

Hi Markus,

The Thea Tool icon should normally appear in the last row of the Modeling Tools palette (as it is shown in the manual) in the Modeling workspace.

It is strange to hear that the icon remains invisible even after resetting the workspace as we didn't have any other reports about this until now.

Can you write your OS and formZ version so we can try to reproduce this?

Are there any other plugins loaded when this happens?

Regards,

Manolis

#5 3dworks

3dworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:24 AM

When i use the standard "Modeling" Preset Workspace the icon appears, indeed. But with my custom workspace it disappears. The problem is that i cannot edit/add  it with the Tool Manager. In which category should it appear?

EDIT: FZ build 9837, mac OSX, 'pro'*, running on mac pro 5,1 with nvidia 980ti GPU, OSX 10.10.5

Edited by 3dworks, 23 August 2016 - 07:28 AM.

#6 Martin Malinski

Martin Malinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:30 PM

Also had this problem when I tried with formZ 8.02....I thought it may have been an issue because it was installed on a laptop?

Win 7 pro .....

#7 manolis

manolis

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:12 AM

Hi,

The Thea tool icon should be under the "Extensions" category in the manager. It looks like there is an issue with properly registering the tool leading to this problem. We will look into this further and most probably this will be fixed in the next plugin release. Thank you both for providing this information.

• Martin Malinski and 3dworks like this

#8 Justin Montoya

Justin Montoya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:24 PM

Wait, there is supposed to be Thea tools in the side toolbar???   I've never seen it, nor needed it.  What is it for?  I suspect, that since most of us use a custom Workspace and arrange the GUI individually, perhaps that is keeping it from showing up?  Anyways, accessing the Darkroom from the Palette menu works fine, as does the Thea Image options from the top toolbar.  Are there other functions the sidebar tools are supposed to provide?

Thanks!

Edited by Justin Montoya, 12 September 2016 - 05:27 PM.

• AHTOH likes this

#9 Martin Malinski

Martin Malinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:56 PM

Check 

Scroll thro' to 4.40 mins .......you can populate within formz ....(trees, lamposts, people etc) ++ ...

These options are only accessible thro' the thea tools options (which are activated by clicking on the sidebar icon)

So without it you only have about a third of what Thea within formz can actually provide.

Edited by Martin Malinski, 13 September 2016 - 01:10 PM.

#10 AHTOH

AHTOH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russian Federation

Posted 17 September 2016 - 03:01 PM

Wait, there is supposed to be Thea tools in the side toolbar???   I've never seen it, nor needed it.  What is it for?  I suspect, that since most of us use a custom Workspace and arrange the GUI individually, perhaps that is keeping it from showing up?  Anyways, accessing the Darkroom from the Palette menu works fine, as does the Thea Image options from the top toolbar.  Are there other functions the sidebar tools are supposed to provide?

Thanks!

Hi Justin.

Actually yes. Those tool do some extra job:

Instances (very powerful tool), focal point for DOF

export scene to Studio

loading Thea models which are plentily exposed at SI site.

Best,

Anton.

Anton Voloshin,

architect, interior designer, product designer.

#11 3dworks

3dworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:13 PM

still no fix for this?

#12 manolis

manolis

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:53 AM

still no fix for this?

Hi, 

This issue has been fixed, it's not in a public build yet as we would like to finalize some new features before releasing a new version.

• Martin Malinski, 3dworks, Justin Montoya and 1 other like this

#13 Justin Montoya

Justin Montoya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:12 PM

I was wondering if the fix would also apply to those of us with custom set toolbars?  

#14 manolis

manolis

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:31 AM

I was wondering if the fix would also apply to those of us with custom set toolbars?  

Hi Justin,

Yes, it's the same issue.

#15 3dworks

3dworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:04 AM

good to see you are working on it ;-)

cheers

markus

#16 3dworks

3dworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:21 PM

still waiting for a fix here, is there any chance to get a new build anytime soon? :-)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users