#1 -andrew-

-andrew-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:06 PM

Hi everyone,

Like the topic says... install seems to run fine, but after I start FormZ, I can't find it!

(It's not showing up in Extensions....)

Any ideas?

thanks,

Andrew

#2 manolis

manolis

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:56 AM

Hi Andrew,

Did you select the appropriate version (formZ 8.0/8.5, 32/64-bit) and install location during setup?

If you go to the Plugins folder inside the form Z installation directory can you see the TheaRender folder?

Regards,

Manolis

#3 -andrew-

-andrew-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:37 AM

Hi Manolis,

I wasn't really given any choices for something that looks to be a "correct" install location - I don't think there are any instructions, so I let it install wherever it defaulted; there is nothing for Thea in the FZ plugins folder.

I do have a Thea folder in my Applications folder now, though.

The file I downloaded and ran is "TheaForFormZBundle_v1.5.06.309.1434".

Thanks!

#4 manolis

manolis

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

Hi Andrew,

Sorry I am not sure if you are using Windows or Mac, I assumed Windows in my previous post. 

So, on Windows there is a separate installer for the plugin but it doesn't do any detection of the installed form Z versions. All builds are listed and the user selects one according to his/her form Z version (8.0 or 8.5 and 32-bit or 64-bit).

At the next screen you specify the actual installation folder, this could be auto-filled if a form Z installation is detected in the default location but please check that the path corresponds to the actual form Z plugins folder.

On Mac there is no separate installer for the plugin (TheaRender Installer installs Thea Studio). For the plugin you have to copy-paste the TheaRender folder to the FZ plugins folder. Again, there are two versions one for formZ 8 and another one for 8.5. Hope that helps!

#5 -andrew-

-andrew-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:52 PM

Ok, got it working but having a strange bug. Will start a new thread for that.

Thanks,

Andrew

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users