• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:56 AM

All, 

We are listening.  Some technical aspects of this past are unable to be answered for developmental reasons.  

In regards to interface and design, we can say that are we working on improving the interface in formZ 9.  This will not be a UI overhaul like the change from 6 to 7, but rather a more "unified" interface (noted in this post: http://forums.formz....te#entry19035).

You will also see an update in some of the application graphics in formZ 9, including the app icon and splash screen  ;)

• Des, AHDD Designer, sapedzep and 16 others like this

#22 Chris lund

Chris lund

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationWestcliffe Colorado

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:39 PM

Beta soon???  ;)

Christopher Lund

Neurascenic - Industrial Design

#23 rich f

rich f

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

to follow up , a cursory glance at the competition tells the story....

Maybe it is only due to a lack of being updated, but as far as the logo - kudos to FormZ for not jumping on the "flat" design bandwagon. 

In terms of interface design - Revit, Rhino, and Sketchup are nothing to aspire to.

But then I still prefer the simple B&W icons from 6.7.... (ironically the original "flat" design - lol.)

#24 Smarttec

Smarttec

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:02 AM

long time need for some 'rebranding'...

to follow up , a cursory glance at the competition tells the story

xKpCfhf.jpg

this is problematic too , not sure if this is a custom font , must be......it must be judging by the 'e'  , the 's' and even the 't'.....especially that S !

basically a graphic nightmare with this (non existent) kerning

Wr1eJSX.jpg

Apologies if this sounds harsh and I hate trashing software I make a living from

But I feel this is a necessary criticism

#25 AHDD Designer

AHDD Designer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:34 AM

Please ensure that the version 6.7 runs with the latest version of MacOS!

It is not only that the UI of Fz 8 is scary – there are still some features, which I miss painfully and which were in available in 6.7 :

The scale-appropriate represent or render of window.

The simple export of Hiddenlines as DXF.

Operations with simple lines, such as trim and expand.

Please do not hesitate to publish the previews and betas earlier.

Please get in contact with us customers more quick concerning your future plans…

Theo+.

Alfredo Häberli Design Development, Zurich, Switzerland

Edited by AHDD Designer, 23 May 2017 - 11:35 AM.

#26 Tech

Tech

• Moderators
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:34 PM

AHDD, 

version 6.7 does run on the current version of macOS.  However, since we are unable to predict the changes Apple may include in their software years ahead of time, we cannot guarantee that old software will always run on the most current operating system.  When Apple releases the developer betas of a new OS, we immediately test the current version and make any changes to have the patches working and ready when the final version of the OS is released. 

Also, you should be able to export DXF from hidden line (export and export image).  If you are having a problem with a specific file, please post it to the forum of send it to us.

#27 darwin06

darwin06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:44 AM

I agree with Pipo 100%.  The formZ UI is a total eyesore compared to the likes of Rhino, C4D, or CS6.  Super clean, streamline, and easy on the eyes.  The 3D icons are too much for a program that prides itself on simplicity.  Not to mention the giant cluster of palettes in the palette dock.  I hope they take some notes from the previously mentioned programs in terms of UI.  Lock things in place but you can change the sizes of the parts of the window.  If you want more palettes, grab them from the Palettes menu.  There's absolutely no need to drag palettes to and from the Palette Dock.

Tech had mentioned a "list palette" palette in another post which I think is a HUGE step in the right direction.  I'd say that plus the Tool Options is all you need on the right side of the application window. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users