AutoDesSys

Extended Object info

DRice

It would be extremely useful to have a more verbose Objects menu. Some programs actually name the object whatever you have just created (curve1, extrusion4, etc.). The next best thing would be have another column in the Objects window that shows what the object actually is.  Example attached.

This would save an incredible amount of time when trying to clean up your project, instead of right-clicking on everything separately to get the info. 

---

Also, it would be helpful if there was a floating status window that showed what Topological level you are without leaving the tool you are in and then having to click on the pick tool to see if you are on Faces or Points or whatever. Especially since you can change the tool with hot keys and not know what you did. It could also show if you are set to duplicate or now which isn't always obvious. Thanks. 

post-253-0-65804400-1464742090_thumb.jpg

Hi Derryl,

Thanks for your suggestions, we will consider these for the future.  With regards to the Topological (object Part) Levels, those should only apply to the Pick Tools themselves.

Post Picking with other tools will always use the Auto Pick function, in conjunction with "smart filters" that only allow the tool to work on objects or parts for which it is designed.

You don't have a case where the Topological Level setting for the Pick Tool is affecting Post Picking with other tools, do you?

• 2 months later...

Hello, Tech. Sorry I didn't see your response. To clarify, I can only see the Tool Options/Topological Level when I have the Pick tool selected.  If I select another tool and use Option-Command to 'Rotate View Angle', each press of the option key steps through the different topological levels.

Since you can only see the topo level when the Pick took is selected it is very easy to affect a point or face without realizing it.

Hi Derryl,

Using the Option (Mac) or ALT (Win) + Right Click to Rotate the View Angle should never change the topological level.  

Tapping that key with the Pick Tool active will change the topological level (unless you disable the Tap Keys via Preferences: Modeling).

Tapping the modifier key when any other tool is active should not change the topological level -- and it should remain exactly where it was -- AND only affect the modeling when the Pick tool is active.

So if you have the Pick tool active and you are tapping the modifier key and you are NOT changing the view with the mouse, it is expected that the topological level would change.  Otherwise it should not.

If you find something different, please provide exact steps so we can investigate this further.

Archived