AutoDesSys

Layer or object sets by window.

it would be great to be able to look at multiple windows with different sets of information on them.

For me, that would be layer control per window.   Presumably, however, others would like the object control.

Cheers!

¢£

Been working with that too,  but no, not the same.   I want to be able to view one part of the model (not using the multi port viewer) Using Layers in one window,  and another part of the model (layers again)   in another window.

Specifically,  It would be nice to be able to work on all the flat patterns in one window.    and the 3D model in the other.      To the best of my knowledge, it works best to keep them separated by layers/Layer groups.     This would be used to transfer any information that does not survive the unfolding process.

It could be useful for others   in Modeling vs Drafting.     While I personally love the drafting in the full modeling environment,  that was one advantage that 6 had.  I could view the 3D, analyze what was going on and modify my 2D accordingly.

Thanks!

Been working with that too,  but no, not the same.   I want to be able to view one part of the model (not using the multi port viewer) Using Layers in one window,  and another part of the model (layers again)   in another window.

Specifically,  It would be nice to be able to work on all the flat patterns in one window.    and the 3D model in the other.      To the best of my knowledge, it works best to keep them separated by layers/Layer groups.     This would be used to transfer any information that does not survive the unfolding process.

It could be useful for others   in Modeling vs Drafting.     While I personally love the drafting in the full modeling environment,  that was one advantage that 6 had.  I could view the 3D, analyze what was going on and modify my 2D accordingly.

Scenes are really buggy (or my brain is working with them.)  Will outline my issues with those in another thread.

Thanks!

Archived