AutoDesSys

Wireframe denies view of MatchView

Steve003

Hi,

FormZ Jnr

When I wish to use wireframe the picture I have MatchViewed my model to vanishes.

I cant see the picture so as to make use of the features in it to work out where they need to go on my model because my models surfaces are obscuring them, but use wireframe view so I can see the picture makes the scene as if I was never using MatchView !

If I start over and choose wireframe and then F9 there is no option to introduce a background image.

In another prog we can work in wireframe and have background image. else any surface obscures the image one is working to.

How can I see the picture without having surfaces obscuring it, when in matchView ?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, we should allow a background image for the Wire Frame view as well as Shaded View.  However, there is an easy work-around / way to do this.

In the Shaded Work Mode, Select All, and in the Attributes (Basic), uncheck the Render As Shaded Surface.  (If you double click on a Layer -- or Layer Group, you can also set this option there if you already have some overrides you wish to keep when you re-enable this option in the future.)

Does that allow you to get what you want?

Archived