AutoDesSys

FormZ v. 8.5.4

allanjl

Hi Allan et al,

Yes, formZ 8.5.4 has now been released, and we will have an official announcement for this soon.

Bart,

Sorry you had trouble with your 64 bit version -- as Allan notes this is not normal.  Perhaps there was something locked or damaged with your previous installation that prevented the patch from working properly.  To fix this, please download a clean Application folder from here:

www.formz.com/update

Then delete your bad one from inside your formZ 8 folder and replace it with the one you downloaded (as noted on the download page).  Run and Register the older version, and then choose Check for Update from the Help Menu.  (We will be updating the download links on that page soon.)

Does that solve it for you?

Hi Andy, 

Yes, Progress bars for the Imager was just one of the many improvements with this update.  ;)

I am always looking forward to updates...

Unfortunately, I checked just two of the issues I had in the previous version, and, it's still there... That's a pity.

- A leader line should not have [length= .... mm] when dimensions setup without units.

- oops... A bevel of 7 mm on the edges of a smooth object. Not working. ADS knows what I mean.

Anyway...

Looking forward to the next update!  :rolleyes:

No kidding, I like the 3D modeler anyway.

Re-installing the application folder worked great.

I'm back up and running.

I guess I only use the 32bit version if I need to. If I want to use PSD files as textures.

( or if the 64 bit version crashes)

I suspect there will be no 32 bit version after the 8.5 series is upgraded.

Thanks Z!

The 8.5.4 details are here: http://forums.formz.com/index.php?/topic/3817-form•z-854-update-released/

Sorry that we did not get those issues resolved yet Hugo. We are still working on these and more and we will have another update soon.

Yes we are planning to end support for 32 bit windows with the next major release. With the proliferation of 64-bit hardware (plus the end of life announcement of Quicktime for Windows) there is little reason to justify supporting a 32-bit version any longer.

I have troubles with Thea plugin with this release. My complex files created with previous version and Thea beta do not open any more. The simpler ones are more or less OK.

Anton.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reminders -- but what do you mean by "Hide Ghosted in Shaded Work Display Mode?

Hi Anton,

Please make sure that you have the latest version of Thea installed.  

If you can not open the file with Thea disabled, then please send the file to us so we can investigate it.

If you can open the files with Thea Disabled, but not when Thea is Enabled, please send your file to Thea's tech support so they can see why this might occur.

Hi Anton,

Please make sure that you have the latest version of Thea installed.  

If you can not open the file with Thea disabled, then please send the file to us so we can investigate it.

If you can open the files with Thea Disabled, but not when Thea is Enabled, please send your file to Thea's tech support so they can see why this might occur.

Hello Tech.

I wish I can do it. But this file contains 50/50 geometry/Thea instances. So, it does not make any sense to send it to you as it will be ruined without Thea.

Thank`s for reminding I have latest Thea plugin.

Best,

Anton.

Hi Anton,

Again, if the issue ONLY happens with Thea, then you need to contact their support. 

If the issue happens without Thea  (or other third party plugin) then you can send it to us so we can help.

Archived