AutoDesSys

best way to create a 360 view for online viewing

Rudy Daverveld

Spherical Panoramas are sometimes called cubic panoramas - from display menu pick 'cubic panorama'

To add hotspots/navigation etc. you need extra software - e.g. pano2VR, tour weaver.

It's very easy to then add into your web pages - (either flash or HTML5 - or both)

Hi all,

Ok I've tried the options in renderzone:

- the camera angle is not allowed beyond 180 degrees anymore?

- the HTML Cubic Panoramic is not stitching the separate images in the correct way.

- the cylindrical panorama is not saving the render at all.

I just want to render a spherical 360 camera angle in renderzone.

Kind regards,

Rudy Daverveld

Visual 8

Hi Rudy,

The Generate Object 360 will generate a full field of view.  For Pan, -180 to 180 is a full 360, and for Tilt, -90 to 90 goes from all the way from -Z to +Z, so you should be able to see all sides of your object(s).

With the HTML option, the images are not stitched, but can be viewed using any browser that supports this, such as Opera, or Safari.

If you uncheck the HTML option (or use the Cylindrical Panorama option), then this will use Quicktime to generate and stitch the images.  Unfortunately, Apple is discontinuing these features, so depending on which version of Quicktime you are using, this may or may not work for you.  

We are investigating other options to allow this to generate properly independent of Quicktime, but this is not available at this moment.  We will also see if the Spherical Panoramas can be supported then too.

Hi zweb, thanxs for your quick response.

So the reason that cylindrical panaroma is doing nothing when rendering is because I don't have quicktime? An error prompt for that at that moment is missed. 

Also the use current view button would be handy in stead of typing the 6 numbers of the camerapoint.

Which version quicktime should be working for me? El Capitan/ Imac 27inch retina5k/Form-Z 8.5.3

PS the HTML Cubic Panoramic is not showing the separate images in the correct order.

post-753-0-69107300-1461590059_thumb.jpg

Hi Rudy,

Unfortunately it is not that Quicktime is not installed -- but that the current versions of Quicktime support less and less of these features -- and Apple does not make it easy to install the older versions that might work with more recent versions of OS X -- if you could install them.

For the Cubic Panorama, there is an option to Use Current, but you will need to use an old system with an old Quicktime to generate a Cylindrical Panorama properly.

Hopefully this can be updated in the not too distant future, but for now, using the Object 360 or the Cubic Panorama are the methods that should still work with the current versions of Quicktime...

• 2 weeks later...

Just to confirm,

Making a mirror ball in FormZ and trying to bake the texture does not work for me.

It seems the texture baking only works on procedural textures (wood, granite, etc) not on a mirror surface.

Also, we don't seem to have control over the aspect ratio of the output image.

Unless I am wrong, this will not work in FormZ

I still have to play with the HTML 5 output. My last time I remember it was limited to lowres output or a very small window.

Is that still the case?

• 1 year later...

I came up across a website named 3dmockuper.com which gives us a 3D 360view of the images we choose. Along with this, you can also design the object with various colors and fonts of your requirements. The view presented, is dynamic and surreal, and implementations are quite easy and anyone would be able to do it at any point of time. 

Archived