AutoDesSys

type of light to creat certain effect

Spacer

Hi,

I would like to create the effect of light coming through a window, but not use a sun. Instead i want to have projectors - or individual lights - which will each create the same effect.

example- say we are in a closed room or movie studio and want to project the effect of sunlight through a window on the wall, but we want to be able to have multiples and to position them, we would need some sort of special projector.

what strategy would be best for this?

i noticed that FW 8.5 po offers two kinds of projectors - one projects an image, but i just need a shape of light not an image...

Thanks!

Peter

Hi Peter,

You could use a projector, a cone, or a distant light (and more than one if you want more than one).  Did you try the different light types and is there an effect that these are or are not giving you that you want?

• 2 weeks later...

Peter

I find that emitters work best for me.  I put them all around the room similar to a photographer bouncing light around the room with strobes.  I set up different lighting scenes with emitters on different layers that I can turn on and off.  I find it renders pretty fast this way and I don't have to constantly mess with my light palette.

Archived